Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Different Menus for different dining plans in the Vacation Planning forums; I just plucked this from All Ears. Can Disney really be handing out different menus, one for the Dining Plan? One for the Deluxe DP and one for non plan ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Angry Different Menus for different dining plans

I just plucked this from All Ears. Can Disney really be handing out different menus, one for the Dining Plan? One for the Deluxe DP and one for non plan diners, all with different offerings??? Why would this not surprise me. Wonder if they are testing it out at various locations. I'd be ticked if I paid for the Dining Plan.

From All Ears:
    -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
    ... from one of our readers in the Rate and Review section: I ate at Nine Dragons last week for the first time using the Disney Dining Plan. I had looked at the menu online, but figured it was just an outline of what was offered and that there would be more options at the restaurant. Unfortunately, there weren't. I don't know what the regular menu looks like, but the dining plan menu had about five entrees to choose from and three desserts, none of which I really wanted. I usually get General Tso's chicken when I eat Chinese, but that entree was only an option if you had the Deluxe Dining Plan. I finally decided on the steak and shrimp dish, which was very good. The service was great and the waiters are very friendly. However, I probably won't eat here again unless I have the Deluxe DP and can get the General Tso's chicken.
    EDITOR'S NOTE: This is the first time we've heard about a restaurant having a separate menu for the various Dining Plans. Have any other readers experienced this recently? Drop us a note at allearsnet@yahoo.com

cunnart is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Different Menus for different dining plans

Humm this is very interesting indeed. Please keep us posted as if this is the case I will be dropping my DP for sure.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I guess they certainly can. It almost seems like they are now going out of their way to drive me away.

Doombuggy13 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking Re: Different Menus for different dining plans

Seems like they are trying to get people to not choose the dining plan.

Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

I got the DP free when I booked and I wasn't sure if I was going to take it out in case there was limited offerings. To be honest, because I didn't pay for it I'd be happy with anything as ultimately I'll be saving as I spent most of my holiday spending on meals.

I know a lot of restaurants only offer selected items from their menus while others aren't limited e.g. Pecos Bills (yum!!)

I think it's a matter of weighing cost, convenience and preference...
    Kungaloosh!!

bety is offline Disney World Beast

I'll find this out the next time I go, because I'll be having a few meals with my parents and they are not on the dining plan, but my friend and I are on the deluxe plan.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I had thought they took off the General's entree and only made dumpling appetizers.

We were asked if we were on the plan when we check in and then the server looked at my card but I never thought that there might be separate menus.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this, but I have to say it doesn't surprise me. I have heard the quality of the meats have gone down since many people were ordering the most expensive meat on the meal plan. If they are going to have seperate menus I wonder if they will upgrade the quality of the meats?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

I used to be a huge fan of the Dining Plan a few years back. Now that you don't get an appetizer and gratuity is not included AND the price is going up in 2011 to $46 it doesn't seem to make much sense to me at all anymore. I haven't even mentioned the fact that Le Cellier will require 2 credits for dinner now
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

I just came back from the World the first week of August and used the DDP for the first time. We got the Basic Plan.

At every single restaurant I ate at, we got full use of the normal menu that everyone else gets and were able to order whatever we wanted.

We went to: Earl of Sandwich, Boma, Sassagoula Floatworks, Captain's Grille, Yak & Yeti Counter Service, Liberty Tree Tavern, Pecos Bills and Raglan Road.

happycrafter207 is offline A-Ticket holder

i thought they had be done this already for years...i know that planet hollywood (yes i know not that it counts) but they give you a different menu when you were there to use the free meal that come with your stay at the value resorts a couple of years ago

Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Flrancho View Post
    I just came back from the World the first week of August and used the DDP for the first time. We got the Basic Plan.

At every single restaurant I ate at, we got full use of the normal menu that everyone else gets and were able to order whatever we wanted.

We went to: Earl of Sandwich, Boma, Sassagoula Floatworks, Captain's Grille, Yak & Yeti Counter Service, Liberty Tree Tavern, Pecos Bills and Raglan Road.
    Excellent news!!
    Kungaloosh!!