Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Hoop- Dee- Doo in the Vacation Planning forums; Is this any good? We have never gone because the kids didn't want too and it seemed a bit steep for a family of four - however we can do ...
    crashbunny is offline Moderator

Hoop- Dee- Doo

Is this any good? We have never gone because the kids didn't want too and it seemed a bit steep for a family of four - however we can do this on our Silver plan - so would two forty-somethings with a wacky sense of humor enjoy this? Or is it tooooo corny? We will be celebrating hubbys birthday and our 27th anniversary- what do you guys think?

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I've never done it, and thought it might be a little "hokey" (pardon the pun)... but I've heard good things about it from those who have gone.

This show's been around a looooong time, so someone out there must like it! It sounds like it could be fun if you are in the right mood and have a "wacky sense of humor"!

Let us know what you think if you decide to do it! I'd love to get a recent review of it (and who knows, maybe it'll motivate me to give it a shot next time I go!)
    (finally got to use the cowboy smilie)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I've done it a couple times - my family really enjoys it. It was good fun, good food (and lots of it), and good entertainment (but you need to be in the right mood, for sure).

I'll post a more detailed review later, but if anyone has specific questions, I'd be glad to answer.

When my mom was planning our recent trip to the World, while I was at school, she wanted to keep it a surprise from my sisters. So her emails to me with the dates (after our phone calls) were beautifully cryptic. The subject would describe what the date/times were inside, and then all the text would be were dates.

So the WDW trip dates was "secret smiles." Hoop-Dee-Doo was "Chicken in a bucket"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I think we may actually do it this year for our Septmeber trip... I think I went as a kid, but have no real recollection of it and want to let my wife see it (be subjected to it?)
    Lou Mongello

well let me know how it goes - I booked it for us for our November trip - I'll write a review after that !

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Though a little pricey, I went last year and loved it! You do have to be in the mood for it. I can get loud at times (esp at the end).

thanks Jason
    we're looking forward to it!!

Just booked it for our trip in septemebr (2 weeks, baby!!!)

I'll let you know what we thought when I get back!
    Lou Mongello

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    Is this any good? We have never gone because the kids didn't want too and it seemed a bit steep for a family of four - however we can do this on our Silver plan - so would two forty-somethings with a wacky sense of humor enjoy this? Or is it tooooo corny? We will be celebrating hubbys birthday and our 27th anniversary- what do you guys think?
    I have seen the show twice and I love it. The performers really get the crowd into it, especially when there is a birthday or anniversary HINT HINT. You can't be afraid to be singled out though. The food is pretty good. It is served in tin buckets family style. If it is just the two of you tell reservations it is your anniversary and ask for the table for two front and centre . We sat there for Valentines day 10 years ago. (We weren't married but my fellow cast members at the Disney Store called and arranged it)

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

(ahem)...

"Hoop-Dee-Doo...
    Hoop-Dee-Doo.."

Yes, that's Lou singing again (practicing)
    Lou Mongello

Its your anniversary, too Lou - did you tell them that when you did your reservation?

I didn't but I will when I call again to confirm, etc. Thanks for the tip.
    Lou Mongello

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    I didn't but I will when I call again to confirm, etc. Thanks for the tip.
    Looks like Lou is going to be the Indian, er sorry, Native American at the Hoop Dee Doo. I wish I could be there when they get you up on stage.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

You want to hear me sing as well??!
    Lou Mongello

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    hoop de doo go ahead lou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast