Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Whispering Canyon at Lunch? in the Vacation Planning forums; On our last trip, we ate at Whipsering Canyon for breakfast and dinner. The experiences were quite different. The breakfast was more subdued and laid back. Is this typical or ...
    CKrup is offline B-Ticket Holder

Whispering Canyon at Lunch?

On our last trip, we ate at Whipsering Canyon for breakfast and dinner. The experiences were quite different. The breakfast was more subdued and laid back. Is this typical or did was a quiet breakfast a fluke?

A couple of days later, the dinner was louder and more interactive. We enjoyed the dinner atmosphere. We thought the interactive experience was half the fun just like at the Primetime Cafe.

On our next trip, we have a lunch planned at Whispering Canyon. We are concerned that it might not be as fun/interactive as our dinner on our last trip. What can we expect from lunch at the canyon?

g.armor is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Whispering Canyon at Lunch?

We were there at lunch and it was somewhat roudy. Our server was a hoot! They had the stick horse parade for the kids. There were a couple other servers who would "cause a scene" occasionally. It was fun--not subdued, but also not as loud, interactive, or "rowdy" as I had imagined. So you might get something between what you experienced at b'fast and dinner. Or having never experienced WC before that, it might be just what you got at your last dinner experience.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

When I went for dinner in the summer (6:00pm reservations) they put us in a back room and I didn't have a single fun thing happen We could hear everyone in the main dining room having fun which just made it worse. Not quite sure why we got put back there, it was just 3 of us.

Maybe I'll have to try again, but I'm a little hesitant to just because our first time was such a boring disappointment (although we all loved the food!).

Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

I've had an early lunch around 12:00 and a late lunch around 2:30 and they were quiet but still fun. I'd say it's a mix of the two experiences.

My husband and I also play up with the servers and have really good interactions with them so we join in on the fun.

I really want to go back... I love the milkshakes and the corn bread...
    Last edited by Vadania; 03-26-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: missed sentence
    Kungaloosh!!

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

We've been for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

By far, dinner was the best. Not only was the food better, the servers were more playful and the restaurant was rowdy and fun.

We had the worst experience at lunch. The restaurant was quiet. No funny-business going on. It was honestly a let-down after having the great dinner experience.

We won't be back for lunch. It's dinner or nothing else for us.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I was there sans-kids one time, and they had me fill out the stick horse race certificates. I wrote each child's name on each one and even the server was impressed. I was there another time just after having landed (I wasn't about to go to the quick-service area) and they offered my friends and I a small table in the back, near the DVC table. Decent food and no noise that time. I still did get a face full of straws, so the experience wasn't totally missed.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    When I went for dinner in the summer (6:00pm reservations) they put us in a back room and I didn't have a single fun thing happen We could hear everyone in the main dining room having fun which just made it worse. Not quite sure why we got put back there, it was just 3 of us.

Maybe I'll have to try again, but I'm a little hesitant to just because our first time was such a boring disappointment (although we all loved the food!).
    Matt and I had that happen in 2008 - we were super jealous as everybody in the main room was prancing around on stick-ponies and being given millions of bottles of ketchup, and we were stuck in the naughty corner with our mashed potatoe and chicken. LOL. Still a lovely dinner, but would have liked to been in the middle of the chaos, as that was why we booked to go there.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Went for breakfast one morning during our stay at WL last December. Quite subdued but everyone did look a little tired!!.

Still made a point of asking for ketchup (as I couldn't leave without the experience ) and as there weren't many other diners there our server went and got me about 10 bottles herself!
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis