Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Via Napoli - Lame Pizza by the Slice? in the Vacation Planning forums; Disappointing news, if accurate, about the by-the-slice pizza at Via Napoli. Via Napoli news - Via Napoli 'by-the-slice' counter taste test - what you need to know...
    toweristops is offline A-Ticket holder

Via Napoli - Lame Pizza by the Slice?

Disappointing news, if accurate, about the by-the-slice pizza at Via Napoli.

Via Napoli news - Via Napoli 'by-the-slice' counter taste test - what you need to know

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Via Napoli - Lame Pizza by the Slice?

I've read that the pizza sold at the window is Sicilian style, which has a thicker crust... so it's not supposed to be the same as inside and is accurate to the description. Now, I have no interest in via napoli because I'm not a fan of crust that's SO thin that it crisps up (I know my opinion isn't the majority's!) so I might actually like the window stuff better! The crust on the stuff inside looks burnt in all the photos I've seen... not appealing to me at all!

I may be totally wrong though, its just what I read based on comments at the bottom of this review:

Guest Review: Via Napoli Pizza Window | the disney food blog

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Now, I have no interest in via napoli because I'm not a fan of crust that's SO thin that it crisps up (I know my opinion isn't the majority's!) so I might actually like the window stuff better! The crust on the stuff inside looks burnt in all the photos I've seen... not appealing to me at all!
    I'm right there with you.

I've heard some guests just love the Sit Down pizza, more in posts. I've actually I read so many reviews in blogs and other websites of huge bubbles in crust, portions not edible, being burnt or ingredients sliding off, cold by the time they get it and overall poor service. I don't think it is strictly like or dislike, it seems their executive chef is having problems delivering a consistent product. Likely they will have better luck with the take out.

I also look at the take out pizza, it looks like a snack size portion to me more than a true slice.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

We ate there in February. Not bad, but not what I had expected with all the rave reviews it received. Not enough cheese and not cooked long enough. For 30 bucks I wanted a better pie. I'll stick with Anthony's coal fired pizza anyday.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

I've never been a fan of "by the slice" pizza anyway, so I probably will not try it.

Quote Originally Posted by disneycrazy1956 View Post
    We ate there in February. Not bad, but not what I had expected with all the rave reviews it received. Not enough cheese and not cooked long enough. For 30 bucks I wanted a better pie. I'll stick with Anthony's coal fired pizza anyday.
    See that is what I keep hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by InStitches View Post
    I've never been a fan of "by the slice" pizza anyway, so I probably will not try it.
    And that isn't even a slice! More a small corner. We actually have had delivery and ate by the pool, we ordered from outside the world. Much cheaper and better.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    And that isn't even a slice! More a small corner. We actually have had delivery and ate by the pool, we ordered from outside the world. Much cheaper and better.
    Ya if we're ever reaaaallly craving pizza on our trip we just order from outside. There's so many things to eat in Disney World that it's never been something where I need it RIGHT THEN lol, and is more of a relaxing at the hotel type of dinner.

Maybe for $4.50 if I ever wanted a pizza snack I would try a slice from the window... but probably not with so many other options around.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

I honestly wouldn't want to get pizza at a counter-service while I'm in Disney World...one is that you can get pizza anywhere...two is that there are som many other, unique, options around World Showcase...if I were to go to Via Napoli next time I'm down there, I think I'd rather just sit down and not get pizza

Actually...I can solve the problems of the complaints of the Via Napoli pizza...just come to northeastern New Jersey!...best pizza outside of Italy in there (probably one of the foods I miss the most from back home...)
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

tmgsjv is offline B-Ticket Holder

Had the pizza by the slice from the window earlier this month. The pizza was good, however I have yet to eat inside, so I am only comparing it to other pizza options on property. I continue to feel that it is somewhat overpriced for the size and overall use value.
    -TMGSJV
    August 2008 - SSR
    September 2009 - All Star Movies
    November 2009 - AKL Kidani Village
    March 2010 - FWC / Boardwalk Villas
    August 2010 - BLT
    March 2011 - AKL Jambo / BLT
    May 2011 - AKL Kidani / POFQ
    August 2011 - Boardwalk Villas

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

The pizza window next to Via Napoli is NOT run by Via Napoli (The Pantina Group). It is run by Disney. The Pantina Group did not want to do a take-out window. So, Disney stepped in with their own pizza due to public demand. I contacted Disney to ask why the pizza inside the restaurant is not the same as the pizza sold at the window outside. Their response was . . .

Dear Ms. Taylor,

Thank you for your message regarding the offerings at the Via Napoli
    Ristorante e Pizzeria take out pizza window.

I apologize for your disappointment in the pizza offered at Via Napoli's
    new take out window. Please know when we receive comments from Guests,
    such as yours, they are shared with various areas of our organization.
    You may also be assured that your observations have been shared and
    taken seriously. As you know, Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria is an
    operating participant. We have forwarded your concerns to their office
    so they are aware of your feedback.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. Our Guests'
    feedback is very important to us. We genuinely appreciate the time you
    took to share your thoughts with us.

Sincerely,

Rachel McBride
    Guest Services
    Walt Disney World Resort
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

The pizza at Via Napoli is TRADITIONAL Italian pizza (at least it's a lot like my wife's aunt makes). If you're expecting US style pizza, you may be disappointed.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    I've read that the pizza sold at the window is Sicilian style, which has a thicker crust... so it's not supposed to be the same as inside and is accurate to the description. Now, I have no interest in via napoli because I'm not a fan of crust that's SO thin that it crisps up (I know my opinion isn't the majority's!) so I might actually like the window stuff better! The crust on the stuff inside looks burnt in all the photos I've seen... not appealing to me at all!
    Sicilian pizza just means a higher price point. Disney knows about milking their guests.

Quote Originally Posted by InStitches View Post
    You're not from NYC, are you.

Quote Originally Posted by disneycrazy1956 View Post
    I've heard mixed on the taste, but one thing is always the same... this place is way too over priced for pizza.

But when it comes right down to it, I'm not flying to Florida to have pizza. It's just not happening.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

I love Pizza, but it's got to be good pizza and I like it basic and traditional. That said, I had a pizza at the Wolfgang Puck's Express last year and it wasn't what I'm used to, just mozzarella cheese. I was told it had aciago (spelling?) cheese on it. It was wonderful! If I ever want pizza at WDW again, this is where I'll go to get it. The guy I was with had a pizza, too, and loved his as well.
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

Quote Originally Posted by ecmickey View Post
    I love Pizza, but it's got to be good pizza and I like it basic and traditional. That said, I had a pizza at the Wolfgang Puck's Express last year and it wasn't what I'm used to, just mozzarella cheese. I was told it had aciago (spelling?) cheese on it. It was wonderful! If I ever want pizza at WDW again, this is where I'll go to get it. The guy I was with had a pizza, too, and loved his as well.
    I've had Puck's pizza. It is closer to what is inside Via Napoli. The window it pizza on a cookie sheet, cut into too small of squares, much like a brownie. The pizza at the window is not in any way, shape or form similar to the pizza served inside the resturant. More a snack.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

As a New Yorker, I can't possibly see getting GOOD pizza in Florida to begin with, whether they are making it Italian style, US style, brick oven, whatever. The water in Florida is notoriously not good for making pizza, so I wouldn't even bother.

My family that lives in Florida consider good pizza to be Pizza Hut or Papa John's, NYers don't even consider that pizza! I know theres and event for Food & Wine where you can sample pizza and beer for like $50, we skipped right over it, $50 for so-so pizza just seems like such a rip off and the beer list was nothing I couldn't get at home.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast