Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Dining Discuss Favorite Place for a Adult Beverage? in the Vacation Planning forums; Any place there is rum!! I do like the Grand Marniers at the French kiosk. I think it's called a Leapin' Leprachun at the UK Pub that's good....

Re: Favorite Place for a Adult Beverage?

Any place there is rum!! I do like the Grand Marniers at the French kiosk. I think it's called a Leapin' Leprachun at the UK Pub that's good.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

How about a Grand Marnier Orange Slush from the France pavillion... assuming they still serve these. It's been a while since I bought one! By very yummy!!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    I do like the Grand Marniers at the French kiosk.
    Oooh - spooky!!! Didn't see you post this just before me... But, good choice!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

The Germany Pavilion
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

gatorbob73 is offline A-Ticket holder

A friend of mine and I went to Disney for New Years this past year. We were on our way to Tampa for the Outback Bowl and since I am an annual pass holder, I suggested we stay there for a couple of nights since it's only an hours drive to Tampa and we could have a lot more fun (and get into a lot less trouble) at Disney than the greater metro area of Tampa.

For reference, he and I were both in fraternities in college, so we definitely know how to handle more than our fair share of adult beverages. We arrived on New Years Eve, went straight to EPCOT, saw that every ride (and I mean every ride) had a wait time of no less than 2 hours, and to be honest no ride is worth more than an hour of my time to wait for.

We decided to "Drink around the World", and started in Norway. Why Norway? Because the line for margaritas in Mexico seemed like it was an hour long. They had some sort of Norwegian liquor in shot form and a Norwegian beer, the names of which escape me but you'll soon know why. Nate had the "classiness" to make it a challenge to drink the most ridiculous or potent beverage each country offered.

Next came China, where there was a mixed mango drink called "Fireworks". In the midst of this drink we decided to also start taking pictures of us in the hats for sale of each country, and this decision led to my facebook picture since that day.

Germany offered a flight of German beers, and while in line we encountered about 12 other groups who were doing what we were. One group joined with us, and we ventured on to Italy, where we drank Peroni's and Moretti's in Italy, Sam Adams in the USA, Saki in Japan, Morocco-rita's in Morocco (which truly surprised me that Morocco had and adult beverage), the Grand Marnier Orange Slush in France (Samantha Brown's favorite adult beverage), Scotch in the UK, Labatt Blue in Canada, and Mexico's margarita line had died down when we returned to finish off the drinking journey.

Thankfully, we are also smart enough not to get a DUI at Walt Disney and took a cab from the Boardwalk back to our hotel after a nice hearty meal at the Big River Grille (which is actually a brewery also). Looking back on it, the prospect of Disney jail amuses me because I in my semi-twisted imagine it's filled with villains like Jafar, Stinky Pete, etc.

Other hotspots, in my opinion anyway, are Pleasure Island, your resorts pool bar, and another, much lighter drinking challenge is to take the monorail to the various resorts along the track and have a drink at each resort.

Was this too much information about drinking at Disney World? Probably, but at the same time I am a seasoned Disney vet (having gone upwards of 50 times in my 25 years), so not all of this information was acquired on one trip. There's only so much one can do on one trip. Having a multitude of beverages there is not cheap, but nothing really is cheap there. So be prepared for the cost and know your limits. When we walked out of EPCOT, we were certainly not sober, but we were in control of ourselves. It is a family place after all, so know your limits and don't over do it.

Have fun and be safe!!! I hope the read was both humorous and informative!!!

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

My favorite all time drink is the Sunke Treasure, which is made at the Outer Rim on the Concourse of the Contemporary. It's lime green and delicious!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Tequila bar in the Mexico pavilion. Hands down. End of story.

mckryan is offline A-Ticket holder

Gotta agree with Mo. La Cava inside Mexico has the best margaritas I've ever had. You can get them to go by just walking up to the bar and ordering. We love to have a seat, have some chips and order some tostadas. The tostadas were discontinued for a while, but I have heard they are back, thank goodness!

Please, do yourself a favor and go inside and get a margarita from La Cava and skip the slushy margaritas outside Mexico! You won't regret it!

Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

I second the Grand Marnier Orange Slush... and for your other hand get the Grey Goose Slush, both from the France pavillion,
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I love La Cava del Tequila

Mouse Extra Blog Archive Reviewing La Cava del Tequila

My wife would likely vote for the Grand Marnier slushie in France. I also liked the bar at 'ohana's
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

Has anyone tried the Scotch Egg at Rose & Crown? I am excited to try it in January. I love a Guinness in that pub, especially if it's raining outside and crowded and cozy inside!

sivart0107 is offline A-Ticket holder

It may sound very manly and it is really good. StrongBow (cider) at Rose and Crown, and you can't go wrong with any of their selection

queensfairy is offline A-Ticket holder

Who will you be traveling with Lisa?

I went to WDW a few years ago with a Disney virgin and I suggested we drink around the world. Now while I can handle that many adult beverages - my friend couldn't! We started in Mexico and she was drunk by the time we got to the Rose and Crown. Had to save Canada for another day. What I did notice while we were doing this is that there was a foursome doing the same thing. But they were smart. They had gotten a four pack of souvenir glasses from a shop. Each got their "character" and in each country they split a drink (or two depending on the size). Saved on $$ and intoxication! We ended up traveling the last past of "the world" together so we could take each others pics in each country with our drinks.

My "Disney virgin" got the Epcot Passport to the world set that they sell in the store to the kids. She put our picture of us in each country on a page with the drink that she got. Fun scrapbook idea.

Have fun!

Tinkerkell123 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Dad's Lemonade (blue) at Prime Time in DHS. They have a separate bar so ressies are not necessary. They will also duplicate at POR Hee Haw Bobs Lounge, that could be fun too.

Actually doesn't have an ounce of lemonade in it, base is Sprite but you would never know it! It is one big blue slushie.
    LOVE the Dad's Lemonade! And don't forget to get at least 1 drink with the flashing ice cube in it! I have a whole collection of them...

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    How about a Grand Marnier Orange Slush from the France pavillion... assuming they still serve these. It's been a while since I bought one! By very yummy!!
    Never have tried these, but with all the recommendations, I am definitely going for one when I am there in a few weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    My favorite all time drink is the Sunke Treasure, which is made at the Outer Rim on the Concourse of the Contemporary. It's lime green and delicious!
    That is a good one too...

Quote Originally Posted by mckryan View Post
    Gotta agree with Mo. La Cava inside Mexico has the best margaritas I've ever had. You can get them to go by just walking up to the bar and ordering. We love to have a seat, have some chips and order some tostadas. The tostadas were discontinued for a while, but I have heard they are back, thank goodness!

Please, do yourself a favor and go inside and get a margarita from La Cava and skip the slushy margaritas outside Mexico! You won't regret it!
    The outside margs aren't all that great IMO. I am definitely going to La Cava!
    Theme Park Commandos!
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

~Douglas Adams, 1952-2001~
    Author of Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

forgive the spelling, but the best drink is the Ice Wine in Germany.... very intense sweet wine.... amazing... will make your toes tingle! My fav was Jungle Juice at Adventurer's club. Still have my refillable canteens miss that place.
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast