Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss ADR Loop-hole closing in the Vacation Planning forums; Disney's online dining reservation system will not allow multiple reservations for the same time-frame any longer. This will prevent guests from booking multiple dining reservations and prevent no-showing at other ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

ADR Loop-hole closing

Disney's online dining reservation system will not allow multiple reservations for the same time-frame any longer. This will prevent guests from booking multiple dining reservations and prevent no-showing at other reservations. With this Disney hopes to free up some ADR spots that were held from guests who figured out how to beat the system.

Actually I'm surprised at Disney that they did not anticipate this problem since it is a world wide issue for restaurateurs.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: ADR Loop-hole closing

Probably a great idea long overdue to keep it fair for all.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

It's not that hard to still make 2 reservations, all you need is another email and phone number.

I just made a 2 and 2 reservation using mine and my fiance's emails & phones because a 4 top wasn't available...

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder

It's a good move, I hope it works well.
    It is a shame that it has proven to be necessary though... I, for one, would never have even considered booking tables that I wasn't going to use.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Although I've been guilty of double booking, I think this is a good idea.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I actually have proof that this is working now. I had made an ADR for dinner for the upcoming trip and today we changed which park we'd be at on that day. When I went to make a new ADR for dinner on that same date, it told me that it was in conflict with another one that would have to be cancelled first.

As a note though, on another day, I had dinner at 4:15 and was able to schedule a 2nd dinner reservation for 5:30. I went back to manually cancel my 4:15 like a good little girl but I'm thinking the system that checks for double-booking is still imperfect. I'm guessing if you try to make two within the same hour it won't work, but two with more than an hour between, it'll do.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Hm the only problem now is that sometimes I'm afraid of canceling my old reservation before I book the new one, as many times I'll find a time and then when I check 5 minutes later its gone already! It would be just my luck to cancel and then the only I want is gone haha. Hopefully it will open up some times though since people won't be taking up multiple spots...

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Hm the only problem now is that sometimes I'm afraid of canceling my old reservation before I book the new one, as many times I'll find a time and then when I check 5 minutes later its gone already! It would be just my luck to cancel and then the only I want is gone haha. Hopefully it will open up some times though since people won't be taking up multiple spots...
    Well actually you don't have to. When you go to book the new one, if there is one in conflict, it will tell you that in order to make the new one, it will automatically cancel the old one. So, in otherwords, it's during the booking process that it removes the original so you don't lose the new in the meantime.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Well actually you don't have to. When you go to book the new one, if there is one in conflict, it will tell you that in order to make the new one, it will automatically cancel the old one. So, in otherwords, it's during the booking process that it removes the original so you don't lose the new in the meantime.
    Oh good! Thanks for the info!