Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss My dining plans, help needed? in the Vacation Planning forums; My wife, children (ages 9,11) and I will be in WDW July 2012. While we can't book our dining, we still plan for it. We'll be in EPCOT for 3 ...
    bags23 is offline A-Ticket holder

My dining plans, help needed?

My wife, children (ages 9,11) and I will be in WDW July 2012. While we can't book our dining, we still plan for it. We'll be in EPCOT for 3 nights of our week stay and have selected Coral Reef, Le Cellier, and Via Napoli as our dinners. Good Choices? Thanks!

LordQx4 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: My dining plans, help needed?

Those are great choices. My wife and I love the Coral Reef and Le Cellier. We have not eaten at Via Napoli yet but heard great things. Good luck with the dining and no matter where you eat just enjoy the trip.
    Disney Stock Holder, D23 Member, DVC Member, AP Holder

Those are great!! Although I am a big fan of Teppan Edo!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

So while I think those are great choices, I'm not sure how "kid friendly" they are. Coral Reef at least has the fishies to look at but Le Cellier and Via Napoli may not keep your kiddos attention. This of course coming from a 34 year old woman who has incredibly fond memories of eating at Alfredo's as a kid... but that's because I liked pasta. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Via Napoli I think is a good choice. It's good food, surprisingly quick.

BamaJenn: Are you thinking of Tutto?? That's what replaced Alfredo's. Via Napoli is the one they just built. It's fairly noisy and boisterous.

As for Le Cellier & Coral Reef...ehhhh...I might be a dissenter here, but Le Cellier is good, if a bit safe. And Coral Reef has never impressed me. Have you looked at any resort restaurants?? I might suggest Whispering Canyon, 'Ohana, Kona, Beaches & Cream...

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

For our family, when chosing where to eat dinner actually at Epcot, Garden Grill always wins our vote.

Quote Originally Posted by kat228 View Post
    BamaJenn: Are you thinking of Tutto?? That's what replaced Alfredo's. Via Napoli is the one they just built. It's fairly noisy and boisterous.
    Nope I'm thinking of Alfredo's (the reference was to being there as a child and the fact that it wasn't "kid friendly" either).
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    For our family, when chosing where to eat dinner actually at Epcot, Garden Grill always wins our vote.

Nope I'm thinking of Alfredo's (the reference was to being there as a child and the fact that it wasn't "kid friendly" either).
    I guess I'm just confused as to how Via Napoli isn't kid friendly. I can see Tutto Italia not being kid friendly, but Via Napoli is a big, loud pizza place...that's what kids like, right? (I'm not a parent...so I could be off base.)

Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    ~Sam Eagle

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by bags23 View Post
    My wife, children (ages 9,11) and I will be in WDW July 2012. While we can't book our dining, we still plan for it. We'll be in EPCOT for 3 nights of our week stay and have selected Coral Reef, Le Cellier, and Via Napoli as our dinners. Good Choices? Thanks!

We were there in Sept. 2010 and had dinner one night in the Coral Reef. My son (5) loved it! We spend a lot of time looking for sharks and turtles. Book it early though. It fills up fast!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Oh I second the Garden Grill vote! I went there with my fiance and his mom and we LOVED it... and thats from 3 adults! The food was really good and the characters came around 3 times each and stuck around for as many photos as we wanted. Plus it rotates so there's always something different to look at. It's officially my favourite character meal (we did Chef Mickeys the same trip and the food and interaction didn't hold a candle!)

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by bags23 View Post
    Those are great choices. We've been taking our kids to Le Cellier and Coral Reef since they were very little. At ages 9 & 11 kids should be able to sit in a nice restaurant without having to be entertained.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder

Yes, great choices

Question, what is Via Napoli? I've been so far out of the WDW Loop for a couple years.
    We have ADRs for Tutto Italia in Sept., should we change it to Via Napoli?
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Love That Duck View Post
    Yes, great choices

Question, what is Via Napoli? I've been so far out of the WDW Loop for a couple years.
    We have ADRs for Tutto Italia in Sept., should we change it to Via Napoli?
    I think Tutto Italia is a lot nicer than Via Napoli (nicer as in fancier, not necessarily better.) I haven't been to Tutto in a while because I'm not willing to pay that much for Italian food... Via Napoli is basically pizza & pasta. I ate there twice in December and thought it was pretty good. I did 2 reviews over on the DIS...here are the links!

Short Trip, Quick Reviews Dec-2010 - Complete 1/11 - Page 2 - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Short Trip, Quick Reviews Dec-2010 - Complete 1/11 - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

~Sam Eagle

bags23 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for all the replies. A couple of you mentioned Garden Grill. We have eaten there a few times before and only chose Via Napoli because it's a new place. I could see me changing my mind as the trip get's closer, but who knows. That's the great part of planning a trip a year away, so many great choices to pick from.