Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Dining Discuss WOW--Mickey Ice Cream Bars in the Vacation Planning forums; I've never had a Mickey Bar....I just can't bear to bite off his cute little ears. I have, however, heard how good they are....
    ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: WOW--Mickey Ice Cream Bars

I've never had a Mickey Bar....I just can't bear to bite off his cute little ears. I have, however, heard how good they are.
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Love those and they just taste better there.

GroovyArtMomma is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ecmickey View Post
    I've never had a Mickey Bar....I just can't bear to bite off his cute little ears. I have, however, heard how good they are.
    I go for the ears first!! You know, thinking more on this,maybe since my DH's name is Mickey---it could be mildly cannibalistic to him.
    And yes, they ARE better because you are in WDW, right along with those Mickey shaped balloons!
    "One Mouse, One World"

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyArtMomma View Post
    I go for the ears first!! You know, thinking more on this,maybe since my DH's name is Mickey---it could be mildly cannibalistic to him.
    And yes, they ARE better because you are in WDW, right along with those Mickey shaped balloons!
    Your husband's name is Mickey? That's great!!! I love the Mickey balloons, also. I've never had one, but one of these trips.....a royal blue one, I think.
    If you really want to feel like a cannibal....did you ever see the butter Mickies? IDK if they have them anymore, but we got actual little Mickey statues about 3" high, that were fully dimensional little figures all made of butter in the CRT, quite some years back. They were so cute and we didn't want to cut or eat them. Then we realized that it wasn't like we could take them with us (can you see the melted butter running all over our backpacks?) so we did eat him with our rolls. A little traumatic, but we recovered after we ate everything.

Your husband's name is Mickey? That's great!!! I love the Mickey balloons, also. I've never had one, but one of these trips.....a royal blue one, I think.
    If you really want to feel like a cannibal....did you ever see the butter Mickies? IDK if they have them anymore, but we got actual little Mickey statues about 3" high, that were fully dimensional little figures all made of butter in the CRT, quite some years back. They were so cute and we didn't want to cut or eat them. Then we realized that it wasn't like we could take them with us (can you see the melted butter running all over our backpacks?) so we did eat him with our rolls. A little traumatic, but we recovered after we ate everything.
    Yep, his name is Mickey. you should see how much fun we have making dining reservations in his name @ WDW, the hostesses/hosts alway think we're kidding. I have seen the butter Mickeys. My DD always wants a Mickey pancake --- all it needs is Mickey butter! And I like to get a Red Mickey balloon! I guess I'll forgo mine this year & get one for DD4 instead, it is her first time to WDW after all.
    "One Mouse, One World"

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyArtMomma View Post
    Yep, his name is Mickey. you should see how much fun we have making dining reservations in his name @ WDW, the hostesses/hosts alway think we're kidding. I have seen the butter Mickeys. My DD always wants a Mickey pancake --- all it needs is Mickey butter! And I like to get a Red Mickey balloon! I guess I'll forgo mine this year & get one for DD4 instead, it is her first time to WDW after all.
    Her first trip....how exciting and special. And you're going at Christmas? I've never been at Christmas, but we're planning to go then in 2012. I'm very excited just thinking about it. I hope your trip with your little girl will be wonderful. What kind of art do you do? My brother and I are both artists.

Her first trip....how exciting and special. And you're going at Christmas? I've never been at Christmas, but we're planning to go then in 2012. I'm very excited just thinking about it. I hope your trip with your little girl will be wonderful. What kind of art do you do? My brother and I are both artists.
    We're excited about taking her, & it will be our first Christmas trip! I know it will be busy, but I'm so anxious to see the park all dressed for the holidays. Thank you for the good wishes. As for my work, I do expressive work in mixed media. I use anything I can get my hands on--- and work on a variety of surfaces. How about you? What's your work like?
    "One Mouse, One World"

I do pen and ink with water color and colored pencils, I've done oils, ceramics, black and white sketching, really a wide variety. Right now I'm working on a 10' by 15' seascape for my church's vacation Bible school which starts next week. It's a seashore theme and the painting will be the backdrop on the community room's stage. I'm just a hobby level artist, but my brother is a professional; he does historic sculpture.

I do pen and ink with water color and colored pencils, I've done oils, ceramics, black and white sketching, really a wide variety. Right now I'm working on a 10' by 15' seascape for my church's vacation Bible school which starts next week. It's a seashore theme and the painting will be the backdrop on the community room's stage. I'm just a hobby level artist, but my brother is a professional; he does historic sculpture.
    Sounds beautiful, and I tell you that most people I know that are hobbyists are as good as some professionals that I know. I envy your brother's 3-D ability. I stink at sculpture! Back to these Mickey Bars, you have to try one on your next visit to WDW. The memory of having a Mickey Bar, while holding a Mickey Balloon on Main Street USA, while taking in Cinderella's Castle --it's just so warm & fuzzy, you'll hardly be able to stand it!
    "One Mouse, One World"

Okay, I'll put that on my 'To do list' for my next trip! Mickey won't mind; if he did, he wouldn't let them sell them in the first place!
    - That's me on my next trip!
    - That's you this Christmas on Main St.!
    Really nice chatting with you!

Okay, I'll put that on my 'To do list' for my next trip! Mickey won't mind; if he did, he wouldn't let them sell them in the first place!
    - That's me on my next trip!
    - That's you this Christmas on Main St.!
    Really nice chatting with you!
    Love the representations, spot on!
    Nice chatting with you as well.
    "One Mouse, One World"

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder

Umm, Mickey Bars

I enjoy Dole Whips, but Mickey Bars are, well, so MICKEY.

21 days to Mickey Bars!

Nancy
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    That is like rule #2 of Disney.

#1. Cry when you see Cinderella Castle!!
    #2. Eat a Mickey Bar to make you feel better!
    I love it... I cry when I watch wishes though not just the castle. And I cry when I have to go home...

Also last september was my first time in 4 trips having Mickey bar, Mickey ice-cream sandwich yokey and the dole whip ice cream.. I want dole whip floaty thing this year

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I must admit, I passed on getting any Mickey bars this last trip. I can't believe it. I did have a Dole Whip and several churros and grabbed a bucket of popcorn at the front gate on my way out of MK but never found the time to grab an ice cream bar. I've said it before, but the Dove dark chocolate bars are the same thing as the Mickey Bars sans ears. But, honestly there's a whole in my Disney joy over not having a Mickey bar. This may be the only time I've never had one.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I guess I'm different from a lot of you...ice cream, no matter the shape, is pretty much the same to me. Beer, on the other hand, is something I could get excited about. Unfortunately it isn't served in the Magic Kingdom.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast