Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Invasion of the Gourmet Hot Dog The Sequel @ DHS in the Vacation Planning forums; FairFax Fare, back in the open air market area near RRC & TTT is where you'll find the latest version of these gourmet Hot Dog gems. Gourmet Hot Dogs are ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Invasion of the Gourmet Hot Dog The Sequel @ DHS

FairFax Fare, back in the open air market area near RRC & TTT is where you'll find the latest version of these gourmet Hot Dog gems.

Gourmet Hot Dogs are being served with chips for $8.19 each plus tax no mention of a beverage.

Macaroni & Cheese and Truffle Oil

Barbecue Pork and Coleslaw

Burrito Dog with Lettuce, Tomato, Cheddar, Jalapeno, and Sour Cream

So much for healthier fare. Giggle.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Invasion of the Gourmet Hot Dog The Sequel @ DHS

I may have to try a macaroni and cheese hot dog... hehe

Remember in the the last bout of gourmet hot dog posts I said how they aren't that pricey (especially considering their size) compared to stuff here? I went to a Blue Jays game a few weeks ago and it was $5.50 for a bottle of water. It was a warm, 20oz bottle of Dasani. Then $12 for a stinking plain, grocery store sized hot dog with zero toppings. Sorry, this has nothing to do with Disney, I was just so mad and had to rant somewhere! Thats $35 for a water and hot dog for two ugh. Seriously an $8 hot dog loaded with mac and cheese and with a bag of chips is a steal in comparison (nothing like sports to make Disney seem cheap!)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I guess I am fortunate not to vacation in Canada. I couldn't afford it.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Here's one for you: we went to a Brad Paisley concert last year at Darien Lake (in Western NY, so we're not exactly known for being expensive to live!) We got some chicken fingers. $8 for 3 chicken fingers. No fries, no nothing. I went on a rant about how people complain about Disney's prices, my fiance wisely smiled & nodded

I only ever put mustard and ketchup on my hot dog, sometimes sauerkraut, so I don't get the appeal to these.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Suddenly the price at WDW doesn't seem so bad.

Haha, Canada IS more expensive than the US, but not usually by that much (seriously though, you guys don't know HOW good you have it, grocery shopping when I'm on vacation is the best! So cheap!). In Toronto the hot dog vendors would never be over $5, I think they're like $3.50 or something. It's just that Disney is a tourist attraction and they all overcharge.

at least at Disney you can bring your own food in if you don't want to pay $8 for a hot dog. Canada's Wonderland (it's a Cedar Fair park) you can't bring in a thing (not even a drink!) and the food is pricier and waaayyyy less tasty than Disney World's. I've seen enough of everywhere else being pricier for Disney's food prices to shock me! I've never felt ripped off there, and I guess I can thank all these other money-****ing places for being worse for that haha. I will always appreciate it for letting me bring in my own food, since usually I've just eaten my own sandwiches and snacks (from those cheap US grocery stores :P) and I can easily spend LESS money on food than I would in a normal week at home!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i saw those hot dogs when we were at dhs, but didnt try any!

i have always said, disney prices arent too bad, compared to what you would pay at fast food joints or other attraction places. it does add up when you have more than 1 person but you wanna eat or drink, you gonna pay right?

i mean, look at mcdonalds nowadays, the meals are almost all over 6-7 dollars...ridiculous!! and the dollar menus are there but after a while you get sick of the same 2 options!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    i mean, look at mcdonalds nowadays, the meals are almost all over 6-7 dollars...ridiculous!! and the dollar menus are there but after a while you get sick of the same 2 options!!
    We don't even have the dollar menu... mcdonalds is cheaper than in the US than here in Canada. The same items are on a "value" menu but you can't get anything for a dollar here. Our dollar is still better than yours so you can imagine how cheap it is to travel right now, and especially to shop in the states. There are benefits to living a few hours from the border!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    So much for healthier fare. Giggle.
    I'm totally intrigued by the Mac & Cheese dog... and poopy on healthier fare... when I'm at Disney I WANT to indulge!

Quote Originally Posted by kat228 View Post
    Darien Lake (in Western NY, so we're not exactly known for being expensive to live!)
    Yes but Darien Lake has ALWAYS been expensive when it comes to food. I grew up going there nearly every single weekend and we always brought our food in a little picnic.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Born 2B Grumpy is offline C-Ticket Holder

I will take one for the team in October and try all three dogs for research purposes.
    ~ MickeyBabe's Better Half

Running Goofy again in 2013!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by Born 2B Grumpy View Post
    I will take one for the team in October and try all three dogs for research purposes.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I'm totally intrigued by the Mac & Cheese dog... and poopy on healthier fare... when I'm at Disney I WANT to indulge!
    Hear hear!!!

What is there about WDW that ISN'T about indulgence?!

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    I went to a Blue Jays game a few weeks ago and it was $5.50 for a bottle of water. It was a warm, 20oz bottle of Dasani. Then $12 for a stinking plain, grocery store sized hot dog with zero toppings. Sorry, this has nothing to do with Disney, I was just so mad and had to rant somewhere! Thats $35 for a water and hot dog for two ugh.

And I thought the prices at Yankee Stadium were expensive.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

My family is going to have to try these for me ( I cant eat hot dogs, which ****s because I LOVE them). For the pricing I thought that pricing was a bit high until I went to Ceder Point (which is another Ceder Fair park) and ran into the same thing as zippitydoodah. My family of four spent $45.00 at a counter service place for lunch. The only thing that was good was my chicken the rest of it ( a pulled pork sandwich, mac and cheese,cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza) were so bad. On top of that they are a Pepsi park not Coke.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I am from Long Island, an hour away from the city...and even though $8.19 is a bit ridiculous, its nothing out of the ordinary for me either. As long as people will pay it, they will charge it...
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast