Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Dining Discuss Food or Atmosphere? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by supernova All fine choices, and the sitdown meals had better be darn good for the inflated prices they serve. While Disney keeps reeling in the cheapskates by ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Food or Atmosphere?

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    All fine choices, and the sitdown meals had better be darn good for the inflated prices they serve. While Disney keeps reeling in the cheapskates by offering free dining, I wouldn't imagine that a family of five could spend their own money on meals at Citrico's every night for dinner. Which leaves the mediocre food of the Harbour House and Electric Umbrella.

Entirely fair point, brother.

I was just taking mild exception to your comment about all of their food being average.

I guess our "problem" is that we often TAKE vacations based almost strictly on food. And don't scrimp. As odd as that sounds. But, if you lived here in Sleepy Hollow, I'm sure you'd completely understand.

Although, I have to admit that over the past three years we've had a mediocre Indian place open, as well as a slightly above average sushi joint. Hopefully the trend continues. I'd rather not have to drive to St. Louis for good Korean grub (actually, it's one of the best Korean joints we've ever eaten at).

Either way, the food offered at the resort has improved by leaps and bounds over the last decade, or so.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

I have to disagree...Chi-town has the best pizza. Chicago also has world renown chefs.
    Werd, and werd!

Though, I've learned over the years not to try to reason with a New Yorker about pizza or bagels.

Brick wall.

BTW, have you ever eaten at Spring World in Chinatown? That's the Yunan joint I referenced earlier. Absolutely outstanding. And of the five in the U.S. I believe it is one of only two that serve Across The Bridge soup.

Highly recommended.

penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Everyone should leave a comment on my blog post that started it all: The Four Parks: Opinion of the Week: Disney World Restaurants: Food or Atmosphere?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12