Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss New ADR Policy in the Vacation Planning forums; I, for one, am so glad Disney did this. Via Inside The Magic "Walt DIsney World restaurants will soon begin requiring and enforcing a credit card guarantee for reservations with ...
    WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

New ADR Policy

I, for one, am so glad Disney did this.

Via Inside The Magic
    "Walt DIsney World restaurants will soon begin requiring and enforcing a credit card guarantee for reservations with the goal of reducing last-minute cancellations and no-shows. Under the new policy, making a reservation at select signature and character dining locations throughout Walt Disney World’s hotels and theme parks will require submitting credit card information up front, which will be charged $10 per person if reservations are not cancelled more than 24 hours before the reserved time.

The policy will go into effect on Oct. 26, 2011, and will apply to the following locations and restaurants:

Walt Disney World resort hotel restaurants:
    1900 Park Fare
    Artist Point
    California Grill
    Cape May Café
    Chef Mickey’s
    Cítricos
    Flying Fish Café
    Jiko – The Cooking Place
    Narcoossee’s
    ‘Ohana
    Yachtsman Steakhouse
    Victoria & Albert’s ($25 per person fee)

Magic Kingdom:
    The Crystal Palace

Epcot:
    Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
    The Garden Grill
    Le Cellier Steakhouse

Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
    The Hollywood Brown Derby
    Hollywood & Vine

Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
    Tusker House Restaurant
    The phone number 407-WDW-CNCL is now available to assist with cancellations.

Pre-paid Walt Disney World dining locations already operate under a similar policy, with an even stricter rule. If reservations at dinner show locations are not cancelled in advance of 24 hours before the reserved time, the full dinner price is still charged with no refunds available.

This policy exists at:
    Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
    Cinderella’s Royal Table
    Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
    Mickey’s Backyard BBQ

Since the launch of Disney’s online dining reservation system in 2009, many guests have complained of their favorite restaurants being completely booked far ahead of their desired dates. The system currently allows reservations to be made up to 6 months in advance, with few restrictions or penalties for multiple bookings or not showing up for the reservation without canceling first.

Under the new system, guests may still book multiple reservations for the restaurants above, but will be charged a fee unless cancelled at least a day before the reservation’s time, potentially opening up day-of tables for those who haven’t planned ahead six months. The potential of being charged $10 per guest may result in some diners thinking twice before booking excessive numbers of reservations, freeing up more times for more patrons."
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Re: New ADR Policy

I'm sure some people won't like this but I can't blame Disney. People always make ADRs and never cancel them. California Grill already has a credit card policy in place so adding more to the mix wouldn't be a big deal. Maybe now people will think before making a bunch of ADRs without really planning.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Honestly, I don't know if I really like it. And this is coming from someone who has only canceled one ADR ever, and it was weeks before my trip. I've also never been a no show, but have been late to ADR's.

What about people that don't use credit cards, are they going to accept debit? I would hope Disney would make allowances for bad weather as well, like we had in Florida earlier this week where someone from POFQ might have decided that it wasn't such a good idea to go out in wind/rain like that to their dinner ADR at AKL; or even other emergency situations where missing an ADR or canceling late can't really be helped.

zark72 is offline A-Ticket holder

I like this idea, since this could potentially free up the list and hopefully provide a better chance of getting a timely "walk up" seat for those spur of the moment decisions not go quick service for a meal. I hate having to schedule my days around getting to a restaurant at a certain time because if I don't make ADR's months in advance, my chances of getting a sit down meal when the time is convenient that day are not good. We'll see....

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I was THRILLED to read this today on another site! I am totally behind this. They need to do something to prevent people from making a myriad of reservations just so they have the "option" to eat there (making it so those of us who plan our days around where we can get ADRs have trouble).
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

I really like this idea. I know a few people who have cancelled last minute on Dining reservations. I also know people who don't use ADRs and try to find some place to eat the day of. They have a bad view on Disney Dining because they can't eat at the higher rated restaurants.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

langway4 is offline A-Ticket holder

LOVE IT!!!!!!! As a local, it has become nearly impossible to eat at our favorites at Disney since the Dining Plan began so this will be great to open up more times!!!

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Totally support this decision. Hopefully it will reduce the number of blanket ADR's guests make just in case they want to eat there.
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

About time... though there is still the possibility of people making blanket adrs 180 days out to cancel say 25hrs before to avoid the $10.

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just got off the phone with a DVC cast member to find out more information.

First of all, this is in effect only for future reservations. Those that are already made still fall under the old policy.

Secondly, all charges for non-cancelled reservations are at the discretion of the individual restaurant. They will take into account sickness, weather etc., but will be less tolerant of "repeat offenders" (her term, not mine).

I see this as a necessary evil. Just as with the RFID chipped soda mugs, the only people that really should have a beef with it are those that are screwing the current system.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I approve this change
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

This should really help with making ADRs

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

[QUOTE=DVCDad;978622I see this as a necessary evil. Just as with the RFID chipped soda mugs, the only people that really should have a beef with it are those that are screwing the current system.[/QUOTE]

That sums it up pretty nicely. I haven't been down in quite a while, but it sounds like ADRs have become a big problem, especially during the 'free' DDP times of the year.

The only thing that does surprise me is that this goes into effect soon. I would've thought they would've started the first of the year. Maybe they are trying to do it with free dining coming up.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I am totally behind this. They need to do something to prevent people from making a myriad of reservations just so they have the "option" to eat there (making it so those of us who plan our days around where we can get ADRs have trouble).
    Well said. Hopefully it will make it easier, not only to make ADRs, but to find seating in the restaurants on the day.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"