Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Dining Discuss Need Some T-Rex Info in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Gatorhead For four of us, 3 adults 1 child, the bill was around $100 without tip. I thought the food was exceptionally good and nice size servings. ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Need Some T-Rex Info

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorhead View Post
    For four of us, 3 adults 1 child, the bill was around $100 without tip. I thought the food was exceptionally good and nice size servings. I didn't think the theming was quite as good as Rainforest Cafe. Pretty noisy in there so don't expect a romantic lovey dovey talk with the wife or anything like that.
    See that's what I mean.That's what I posted on the other comment. On an average,the better restaurants like T Rex,Rainforest,Fulton's,to name a few,will cost a family at least $100 a meal,and I just can't see paying that for one stinking meal! I mean food is food,in my book. Yeah I enjoy a different taste in food like anybody else. But I just can't justify spending $100 for one meal. Maybe it was the way I was raised,or maybe due to the fact that growing up, my family wasn't wealthy and we are a working class family, and maybe that causes me to value a hard-earned dollar a little more. Plus being that I am in my 50's, I have seen how sky high prices have gotten and I remember quite well how low prices used to be and how cheap food used to be. Well for some of us, we have a hard time living in this world these days with such high prices. Because we know where we came from. So if people that have and make a lot more money than I do can afford $100 a meal, then I say do it and enjoy it. Cause if I could easily afford it, I'd do it too. But I can't and I make no beans about it. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Park Hopper Dad; 10-24-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    Park Hopper Dad!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

We usually do Rainforest on our first night on property but opted for T-Rex this time because that's what the wife and daughters wanted. The prices were similar but I found the menus varied. I love the Pastalya dish at Rainforest and they didn't have anything similar at T-Rex.

I pay for that meal out of my own money as a family "treat." Which is odd considering the visit to WDW is the real treat! But considering that we drive down from Ohio and hit drive thru's with dollar menus I don't feel as bad eating there. Now if we stopped and ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel and had lunch or dinner at a steakhouse I'd think differently!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    We usually do Rainforest on our first night on property but opted for T-Rex this time because that's what the wife and daughters wanted. The prices were similar but I found the menus varied. I love the Pastalya dish at Rainforest and they didn't have anything similar at T-Rex.

I pay for that meal out of my own money as a family "treat." Which is odd considering the visit to WDW is the real treat! But considering that we drive down from Ohio and hit drive thru's with dollar menus I don't feel as bad eating there. Now if we stopped and ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel and had lunch or dinner at a steakhouse I'd think differently!
    That's actually a good way to do it.Spend as little as possible driving down and splurge when there ,if ya can.We have done that too.I'm not saying that I've never ate at the more expensive places,but that was in the past when I could afford it.One year we ate at Rainforest 3 times! But prices were so much cheaper back then.I'll give you another example:We used to eat lunch at Trails End Buffet over in Ft Wilderrness.Way back in the ealry 2000's,an adult linch there was like $6.00 and kids cheaper than that.But now that they've changed it and raised prices,we won't eat there again.
    Park Hopper Dad!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Trust me PHD, I feel your pain. My wife was commenting about the noticeable price increases on our last trip to WDW. My personal opinion is we are going to see WDW ticket prices creep as close to $100 a day as they can get without forcing a Netflix moment and then make up the difference with food price increases.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Trust me PHD, I feel your pain. My wife was commenting about the noticeable price increases on our last trip to WDW. My personal opinion is we are going to see WDW ticket prices creep as close to $100 a day as they can get without forcing a Netflix moment and then make up the difference with food price increases.
    How true.You know we all can say this hyptheticlly,that is Walt were still with us,things would be a lot different,including prices.I mean think about it.Why did prices start going up?What for?Do they not make millions and into the billions at WDW each year? Sure they do!It all has to do with one thing:GREED!I know price raising is a trickle effect,gas prices go up,everybody goes up!But why? Why did gas prices sky rocket?because the sorry evil Illuminati,the Bilderburgs,and any other of these so called secret societies,that rumors claim as to who is really running this country,sits back on the ir fat **** and say raise gas prices,raise food prices,raise raise raise! We are going to crush this nation and bring them to their knees!
    All of that may be true,or none of it may be true,I really do not know! I know what I've heard over the years.But the biggest question is why? Why do this to America? No matter who is behind it.
    I mean,when my wife and I went for my first time to WDW,park tickets were in the $30 price range.This was in 1987.Again I say why?
    I know I'ver written a book and I've been standing on my soapbox but I can't help it! I'm sick of it and there is not one thing I can do about it!You can see the frustration in my typed words,I'm sure.Well anyway,the poor man gets poorer and the stinking rich man gets richer from making the poor man poorer!Gosh Jesus,please come on and get us out of here!
    Park Hopper Dad!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

The only thing that makes me more receptive to ticket and food price increases is seeing all the extensive work they are doing. I am completely cool with paying a little bit more as long as I see them using the money wisely. Until recently, that SOOOO wasn't the case. Now, with the new Fantasyland and the refurbs they are doing throughout every park, just to clean things up etc. (i.e. Frontierland), I'm more "ok" with it. Still... it unfortunately means that time between trips is further and further apart because I have to budget more.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    The only thing that makes me more receptive to ticket and food price increases is seeing all the extensive work they are doing. I am completely cool with paying a little bit more as long as I see them using the money wisely. Until recently, that SOOOO wasn't the case. Now, with the new Fantasyland and the refurbs they are doing throughout every park, just to clean things up etc. (i.e. Frontierland), I'm more "ok" with it. Still... it unfortunately means that time between trips is further and further apart because I have to budget more.
    I know what you mean.I was veery blessed up until '08 when the housing crunch hit and that was when I was laid off.I've always been in construction,but it pays good most of the time.This last sub I was working for,I was bringing home almost $1000 a week.Plus he gave me paid holidays and 3 weeks vacation pay.So when I go from that to nothing!,it hurt and hurt bad! I re-painted apts for 2 years,cause that was all I could find,and I would bring home from $500 to $700 per apt,but I never got paid regularly.2-3 weeks would go by before I would get my check,most times.I just lost that job too back in august! So right now,I have no steady job.So I don't even make enough to even think about budgeting in to save for WDW! So as I see prices go higher and higher,that says to me,I guess we won't ever get to go back!
    But this is one of many reasons that I am glad that I am a Christian and have a close relationship with God.Because I know that his blessings are on the way again and we WILL get to go back!I'd hate to be living in this world today and not know the Lord as my saviour and provider,because those that don't and have lost jobs are those that have no hope and those are some of the ones that have commited suicide.So yeah we will be back at WDW one day and God will bless me with enough money to be able to afford their stinking high greedy prices!Sorry I got on my soapbox again.I seem to do that frequently these days.LOL!
    Last edited by Park Hopper Dad; 10-25-2011 at 11:15 AM.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12