Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Need Some T-Rex Info in the Vacation Planning forums; Howdy yall! I haven't been to the new T-Rex restaurent yet at Downtown Disney.of those of you that have,please fill me in on the quality of the food,the prices,the service,and ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Need Some T-Rex Info

Howdy yall! I haven't been to the new T-Rex restaurent yet at Downtown Disney.of those of you that have,please fill me in on the quality of the food,the prices,the service,and the quality of the servers.Is this basicly just another Rainforest Cafe with a different theme?is the food quality as good or better than Rainforest?What about prices?Will I need to take out a second mortgage just to eat there,or can I get by with one arm?Family of four,myself,my wife,two girls 20 and 17.How much?$30-50 for one meal or more?We always drink water too.No alcohol either.
    Park Hopper Dad!

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Need Some T-Rex Info

I have not been there, but judging on reviews I've read, I think it's a pretty safe bet to call T-Rex a Rainforest Cafe with another theme.

Here's the menu on T-Rex. I personally wouldn't spend money on a meal here. Basically, I think it's too expensive for the quality (though it's probably large quantity if judging by the Rainforest Cafe which I have been to.) T-Rex Menu Downtown Disney Walt Disney World

If you look at the entrees on the T-Rex menu compared to Raglan Road, Raglan Road actually comes out to be less expensive: Raglan Road Irish Pub Dinner Menu - Pleasure Island - Downtown Disney

Considering you have older girls (and not kids under 9...) I think they might like Raglan Road better than T-Rex and I'll suggest you take a look at that instead!

ETA: Raglan Road is also one of my favorite restaurants on property. Eaten there twice now and have had a fantastic meal and a fantastic time both times!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by kat228 View Post
    I have not been there, but judging on reviews I've read, I think it's a pretty safe bet to call T-Rex a Rainforest Cafe with another theme.

Here's the menu on T-Rex. I personally wouldn't spend money on a meal here. Basically, I think it's too expensive for the quality (though it's probably large quantity if judging by the Rainforest Cafe which I have been to.) T-Rex Menu Downtown Disney Walt Disney World

If you look at the entrees on the T-Rex menu compared to Raglan Road, Raglan Road actually comes out to be less expensive: Raglan Road Irish Pub Dinner Menu - Pleasure Island - Downtown Disney

Considering you have older girls (and not kids under 9...) I think they might like Raglan Road better than T-Rex and I'll suggest you take a look at that instead!

ETA: Raglan Road is also one of my favorite restaurants on property. Eaten there twice now and have had a fantastic meal and a fantastic time both times!
    Thanks Kat.I have wanted to eat at Raglan Rd also,but the last time we were ther,we settled for Wolfgang Pucks Express.We love that place.But yeah,I love fish and I will consider it on our next trip.I probably will bypass T-Rex simply because what you said,I know to be true.
    Park Hopper Dad!

I like T-Rex because the lasanga is yummy!! But yes it is basically Rainforest Cafe with the same pricing.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Visited TRex last December. Was concerned as the reviews had been mixed but I love Rainforest Cafe so wanted to give it a try.
    Personally I was pleasantly suprised! Lovely theming, crazy and noisy which I assume might be difficult if you have children with you (I didnt), food slightly better quality that Rainforest...and we got free hot choc refills because it was so chilly outside!!!
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

Thanks to all,but I'd still like for someone to narrow it down on the prices.can someone list some accurate prices for me based on my original post?Thanks.
    Park Hopper Dad!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

T Rex Cafe Restaurant, Downtown Disney - Menu

That link, I think also shared by someone above... if you scroll to the bottom you'll find the full menu and prices.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    T Rex Cafe Restaurant, Downtown Disney - Menu

That link, I think also shared by someone above... if you scroll to the bottom you'll find the full menu and prices.
    Thanks for the link! I bout fell out of my chair!!!!!!!!! Good night in a living! That's what I was afraid of.Those prices are outrageous! Well we won't be going there.Not at those prices.But thanks for the link as I said,because this is what I wanted to know anyway.That is why I started this thread.Thanks everyone!Earl of sandwich here we come!LOL!
    Park Hopper Dad!

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    Thanks for the link! I bout fell out of my chair!!!!!!!!! Good night in a living! That's what I was afraid of.Those prices are outrageous! Well we won't be going there.Not at those prices.But thanks for the link as I said,because this is what I wanted to know anyway.That is why I started this thread.Thanks everyone!Earl of sandwich here we come!LOL!
    That's why I shared Raglan Road's menu. It's cheaper and IMO one of the best on property!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I prefer Earl of Sandwich to T-wrecks.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

JEHI7278 is offline A-Ticket holder

It is similar to Rainforest Cafe, but the theme is better. We always enjoy dining there.

Quote Originally Posted by kat228 View Post
    That's why I shared Raglan Road's menu. It's cheaper and IMO one of the best on property!
    Thanks for the Raglan Rd menu link.But even that place is out of my budget seeing I have four to feed on trips.Times are harder and tighter for me these days,especially since EVERYBODY wants to raise prices for food sky high!So Raglan Rd,T Rex and even rainforest cafe are out.I'll just have to limit our meals to the less expensive places and eat a lot at the food courts in the values,unless on our next trip,I am able to pay a little extra and get the dining plan for us.My brother and his family just did it back in Sept and they ate "high on the hog" with it,so that's a thought.Enjoy.Life goes on..........
    Park Hopper Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by JEHI7278 View Post
    It is similar to Rainforest Cafe, but the theme is better. We always enjoy dining there.
    That's great.based on your picture though,yuor kids are still young enough and small enough that their meals are still quite inexpensive.My two daughters are 20 and 17.They have to eat the adult choices now,which mean adult prices.Earl of Sandwich will be ok though,plus it's cheaper.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

It's Rainforest Cafe with a different theme mostly. However, I do say that it is more worth the money. The prices are about the same at T-Rex, bug the portions are much larger. Most people cold probably split a meal and leave full, this coming from someone who is not a light eater. My Dad, who does not like Rainforest, liked T-Rex.

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

For four of us, 3 adults 1 child, the bill was around $100 without tip. I thought the food was exceptionally good and nice size servings. I didn't think the theming was quite as good as Rainforest Cafe. Pretty noisy in there so don't expect a romantic lovey dovey talk with the wife or anything like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast