Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Epcot Dining in the Vacation Planning forums; There are so many choices in World Showcase in Epcot, but I've kinda been stuck in a rut everytime I go to WDW. I got to France, I go to ...
    GroovyArtMomma is offline C-Ticket Holder

Epcot Dining

There are so many choices in World Showcase in Epcot, but I've kinda been stuck in a rut everytime I go to WDW. I got to France, I go to Mexico, I'd like to try a new dining experience there. We're going next month, haven't been since '06, anyone care to list any current favs?
    Thanks in advance!
    "One Mouse, One World"

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Re: Epcot Dining

Soooo you're thread title is "Epcot Dining" but you mention just the World Showcase. Have you ever ventured out of World Showcase?

Pricey but absolutely amazing: Coral Reef

Ordered the crab cake appetizer. Assumed that since it was like $9, that it was just a typo that it said "crab cake" and not "crab cakes". I was wrong BUT that single crab cake I would've paid $20 for.

Family Style Yumminess: Garden Grill

Each time we've gone, the menu was switched up a bit but each time it's been fantastic. Plus you just can't beat visits from Mickey, Plut, Chip and Dale!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Side note: If this question was posed to me a few years back I would've told you're crazy if you don't give Alfredo's a try. Gosh I miss that place. I've no idea what it's replacement is like over there in Italy but I've heard good things!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

I really like Via Napoli in Italy. My whole family really enjoyed it- yummy food and nice atmosphere. Plus it's neat to check out their 3 wood burning ovens named after the volcanoes in Italy.
    Last edited by Thumper10; 11-11-2011 at 11:48 PM.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Soooo you're thread title is "Epcot Dining" but you mention just the World Showcase. Have you ever ventured out of World Showcase?

Pricey but absolutely amazing: Coral Reef

Ordered the crab cake appetizer. Assumed that since it was like $9, that it was just a typo that it said "crab cake" and not "crab cakes". I was wrong BUT that single crab cake I would've paid $20 for.

Family Style Yumminess: Garden Grill

Each time we've gone, the menu was switched up a bit but each time it's been fantastic. Plus you just can't beat visits from Mickey, Plut, Chip and Dale!

I totally forgot about Garden Grill! Yummy! My Veggie Girl will probably LOVE that.
    "One Mouse, One World"

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    I really like Via Napoli in Italy (Alfredo's replacement that Jenn mentioned above). My whole family really enjoyed it- yummy food and nice atmosphere. Plus it's neat to check out their 3 wood burning ovens named after the volcanoes in Italy.

You know, I've seen Via Napoli mentioned before. We might give that a try. What about Japan? Anybody experienced any of the yummies they have to offer?
    "One Mouse, One World"

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We've really enjoyed the Garden Grill and Tangerine Cafe.

elric is offline B-Ticket Holder

Coral Reef was our fav. meal for our last trip in Sep. we ate garden grill also didn't injoy it as much. still dreaming of the new york strip from Coral Reef..... the best!

I'm always planing that next trip 2002 - 1st family trip WDW off sight, 2005- Kids B-days WDW FTW cabins, 2006- My B-day MVMCP FTW cabins,2007- MNSSHP POR, 2008- MNSSHP CBR (free dinning), 2011- CBR (free dinning)

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Just a quick correction: Tutto Italia replaced Alfredo's. Via Napoli is the new building they built specifically for the restaurant.

I would recommend Via Napoli. It's fantastic and actually the prices aren't terrible. Tutto Italia is good, but I just can't get on board with paying that much for pasta...

Teppan Edo is always a good time too!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

I don't really care for the place in Japan, but its not because its not good. Close to where I live, there are a few teppan style Japanese restaurants that charge half of the price of what Disney does for equal or more food, depending on where you go. Because of that, we usually avoid Teppan Edo since we can get the same experience for cheaper at home.

My personal favorites are Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Via Napoli and Tutto Italia.

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

Teppan Edo is a good choice. It's fun to watch the chef prepare your food on the grill. I usually visit Le Cellier, but reservations fill up quickly so call well in advance.

I am going to try the Biergarten on my next visit and a return visit to Marrakesh, after a long absence. I agree, it is easy to get into a pattern of the same table service restaurants each visit; I am going to break that pattern this time! Good luck.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
    Teppan Edo is a good choice. It's fun to watch the chef prepare your food on the grill. I usually visit Le Cellier, but reservations fill up quickly so call well in advance.

I am going to try the Biergarten on my next visit and a return visit to Marrakesh, after a long absence. I agree, it is easy to get into a pattern of the same table service restaurants each visit; I am going to break that pattern this time! Good luck.
    Oh I totally forgot about Biergarten! That's a great suggestion!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Nine Dragons in China is my personal fave, but I also loved Le Chellier. If you go to Nine Dragons, they have an amazing bar menu and their Honey Sesame Chicken is incredible!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm also going with Teppan Edo. A bit pricey, but VERY good! My favorite WS restaurant. Rose and Crown is pretty good as well. Sunshine Seasons is definitely the best QS. The QS in the American Adventure is good if you're looking for your basic burgers and fries.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Thanks for the suggestions, I will be researching a couple of these.
    "One Mouse, One World"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast