Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Didn't get the ADR time I wanted, what to do next? in the Vacation Planning forums; In January, I am taking my 6-year old daughter on our first Mom and Daughter trip to WDW. I am beyond excited and want to do everything I can to ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Didn't get the ADR time I wanted, what to do next?

In January, I am taking my 6-year old daughter on our first Mom and Daughter trip to WDW. I am beyond excited and want to do everything I can to make this a magical trip for her. We are only going to be there for 3 nights and will be spending two days in the parks. I wanted to surprise her our first night there by taking her to Chef Mickey's for dinner and a monorail ride to get our vacation started.

Unfortunately, the only time we could get for dinner was 7:45pm, which is too late for dinner for her plus it will be a travel day so we'll be tired and I want to get a good night sleep for our busy day at the MK the next morning.

So, what to do? Should I call often to see if there are cancellations? I hate to be a pest. Just give it up and go to Plan B, a different restaurant? Can you make a recommendation for another restaurant on the monorail loop for a 6 year old and her mom?

What have you done when you haven't gotten the ADR time you wanted?
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Didn't get the ADR time I wanted, what to do next?

We love 1900 park fare at the grand floridian. It has Cinderella and her friends. Prince, evil stepmother and sisters. All the little princesses love prince charming! Priced about the same. Its fun but and it is on the loop.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

1. You can keep checking. I do this when I can't get in somewhere. I just look online.

2. Walk up the day you get there to see if they have anything available.

3. Book the 1900 Park Fare

4. Or take a bus to DTD and try Rainforest or T-Rex. You can always ride the monorail loop and catch a bus from any of the resorts.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

You can keep checking and try checking at the counter for a walk up the day of.

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

I would keep checking and see if anything opens up. I would check back especially the day before and day of when your wanting to eat to see if anyone has dropped it earlier due to the new $10 charge on cancellations. You could even not book anything for that day and try a walk up..... I'd suggest arriving early when they first start serving dinner (which is probably around 4:30) and ask if there's any chance of a walk up..... this worked wonderfully for us at Whispering Canyon which was supposedly booked. You could also just book the late seating at Chef Mickeys and arrive early, some restaurants will seat you early, others will make you wait till your ADR time. That being said, there's a chance that all of this may not work. You may not be let in early, or get a walk up, or find anything closer to a time you want. Its a risk, you may not get Chef Mickeys and you may end up eating CS or someplace else instead. Its a risk you may have to take if you really want Chef Mickeys.

That being said, I would not book someplace like 1900 and then still try to get Chef Mickeys. With the new dining rules, you could end up paying out $30 if you can't find anything at Chef Mickey's until after the 24 hour mark, which would be likely considering when everyone else would have to cancel. If you don't want to risk paying the fine or risk possibly not being able to get into Chef Mickeys in a walk up or something, I'd suggest just booking someplace else and forgetting about Chef Mickeys.

You already mentioned it was a travel day..... have you considered taking it easy that night and wowing them for breakfast the next morning on your first full day, maybe at Crystal Palace, Cape May or even Chef Mickeys?

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

I would keep trying to call and get the time you want.

or else i agree with the above posted...try to get something at the crystal palace before magic kingdom opens?? that would be magical for your daughter to be able to walk down main street not crowded and be one of the 1st guests in the park!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I also would keep calling. If it does not matter about characters then Ohana at the Poly is really good and you could probably ask for a table by a window so you could see the Poly area and the castle in the background. Also there is this lady who does stuff with the kids like teaches them how to hula or have a coconut sweeping race.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom