Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss So sad :( in the Vacation Planning forums; Even though Im staying at AKL, we made a special trip for lunch today to The Mara (instead of staying the parks to eat). When we got down there, we ...
    mainstreet1997 is offline A-Ticket holder

So sad :(

Even though Im staying at AKL, we made a special trip for lunch today to The Mara (instead of staying the parks to eat). When we got down there, we were sad to discover that the Turkey Ciabatta sandwich has been taken off the menu. We were also told that the African Stew is now served over rice instead of in a bread bowl. The digital menu screens are now covered and replaced by a regular menu board.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: So sad :(

I would think in general many restaurants rotate out food items to keep things fresh. Maybe it wasn't a big seller. Perhaps breat bowls might have been an expense that Disney just did not want to incur any longer, especially if they were only for one particular menu item. Rice goes a lot further.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

mainstreet1997 is offline A-Ticket holder

I guess so. The most "African" things on the menu are probably the chicken pita or the falafel pita or the African stew. There is a turkey sandwich - the turkey looks good and its just served on a Kaiser roll but other than that its just burgers and chicken sandwiches, etc.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Standardization... that's the Disney way
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I didn't even know they had turkeys in Africa... I thought that was an American dish.