Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Dining Discuss Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Is tomato sauce our ketchup? It's very similar....
    Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Is tomato sauce our ketchup?

It's very similar.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Ditto. I don't know anyone who doesn't put ketchup on their hot dogs. Maybe other things as well, but the minimum topping is ketchup. Must be a Chicago-area hot dog snobbery thing

also, best hot dog I ever had was wrapped in bacon, barbecued, and then topped with grilled pineapple in teriyaki sauce and pepperjack cheese (and no, it wasn't purchased in Disney World :P)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Ditto. I don't know anyone who doesn't put ketchup on their hot dogs. Maybe other things as well, but the minimum topping is ketchup. Must be a Chicago-area hot dog snobbery thing

also, best hot dog I ever had was wrapped in bacon, barbecued, and then topped with grilled pineapple in teriyaki sauce and pepperjack cheese (and no, it wasn't purchased in Disney World :P)

Wow.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yes.

I've heard of people actually putting ketchup on Chicago dogs before, but that's one thing I still refuse to do.

Mustn't mess with perfection.

I will put ketchup on other variations of hot dogs though.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Blah! I hate ketchup on hotdogs.

Actually, I just hate ketchup.

Gross.

What about ketchup in the mac and cheese? My kindergarten class has mac and cheese as a lunch day, and every single one puts ketchup on it. We ran out once and one of the kids cried cause he refused to eat the mac and cheese without it lol. I know it's how I ate it as a kid (with all those hot dogs in there too )

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Um, no. I wouldn't put it in mac-n-cheese.

My favorite hotdog combo outside of the Chicago dog would be ketchup, mustard, diced onions, shredded cheddar, and Tobasco sauce.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

As a gentleman with a vowel at the end of his name, there are only certain types of cheese that belong on macaroni. Goopy liquid yellow isn't one of them. Not unless I care to be written out of grandma's will.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I love how grossed out everyone is by ketchup lol. What about the common (at least here in Canada) custom of putting mayo on your fries? Or even better, gravy and cheese curds (not shredded, not melted... curds)? Late night poutine bars are a wedding trend bandwagon that I know I've jumped on! Or... maple syrup on your breakfast sausages! (the ONLY way to eat them).

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    As a gentleman...
    Could not read any further due to tears obscuring my vision...

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I love how grossed out everyone is by ketchup lol. What about the common (at least here in Canada) custom of putting mayo on your fries? Or even better, gravy and cheese curds (not shredded, not melted... curds)
    Completely disgusting. Mayo is good on two things:
    1. potato salad
    2. tuna salad

END OF LIST
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

It's what is the most common thing to put on fries in the Netherlands and Belgium (who claim they invited french fries in the first place). Frankly, I find mustard and especially sauerkraut on hot dogs to be disgusting. Tangy cabbage topping my food just isn't my idea of a good time.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

I love how grossed out everyone is by ketchup lol. What about the common (at least here in Canada) custom of putting mayo on your fries? Or even better, gravy and cheese curds (not shredded, not melted... curds)? Late night poutine bars are a wedding trend bandwagon that I know I've jumped on! Or... maple syrup on your breakfast sausages! (the ONLY way to eat them).
    Mmmm poutine

My husband grew up in Burlington, VT, so he's a *BIG* fan of poutine. I travel to Canada a lot for work and whenever I have it, I text him a picture to torture him...I even introduced my boss to it last week!

There's apparently a poutine place at our Public Market. We're going to have to check it out soon!

He also likes maple syrup on everything...and he's a syrup snob. It has to be real.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Good one!

A french fry is a completely different animal from a hot dog yet, still, mayo which is so high in fat and adding more fat from Mayo doesn't sound appetizing to me whatsoever.

I would more favor the Poutine bar if we are to discuss french fries. Good Poutine bars are hard to find in the midwest. My favorite is the cheese, bacon, chive and a side dab of sour cream. Slurp.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Completely disgusting. Mayo is good on two things:
    1. potato salad
    2. tuna salad
    Oh yum. I love mayo as a binder/ingredient, not a stand alone dip.

It's what is the most common thing to put on fries in the Netherlands and Belgium (who claim they invited french fries in the first place). Frankly, I find mustard and especially sauerkraut on hot dogs to be disgusting. Tangy cabbage topping my food just isn't my idea of a good time.
    Sauerkraut is a love hate food. It does balance out the fat in brats and corned beef as does a good mustard. I like foods that have balance in flavors and complement food. That would be why the mayo and french fry just turns my taste buds off.

Quote Originally Posted by kat228 View Post
    He also likes maple syrup on everything...and he's a syrup snob. It has to be real.
    Me too! I love maple syrup! My son spent a chunk of time in Buffalo and skipp'n over the boarder. He would always bring me back the best syrup.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I fake it well when it comes to da family.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast