Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Dine in the Parks or Out... in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello everyone! Although I've been to WDW several times, I've always stayed in a Disney Resort, well this time I've been given an awesome deal and I'm staying at Best ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Dine in the Parks or Out...

Hello everyone! Although I've been to WDW several times, I've always stayed in a Disney Resort, well this time I've been given an awesome deal and I'm staying at Best Western LBV (on property but not a Disney Resort) and it's been so long since we haven't had the Dinning Plan for our trip that I've forgotten what prices are like at quick service places. My ordeal is, do we use up our time in the parks to catch a bus back to DTD resorts then waist our gas to drive to a restaurant outside the parks that probably isn't much cheaper than eating in the parks. Then travel back to the hotel and then back to the parks for the evening. To me it sounds like we should save our gas and our time and eat in the parks. Anyways what do you all think?
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Re: Dine in the Parks or Out...

Maybe do a little of both, just depending how you're feeling. If you've been in the parks all morning take a break and head back to the resort. You may not really have to leave property for a meal. Look up the dining options at the Downtown Disney resort hotels and visit a few of those for a table service if it fits your time & budget. It'd save you a bit more time than driving off property, then back on, then catch a bus back to the park. For quicker & cheaper options, you'll also have Earl of Sandwich nearby which is more affordable than a lot of places and super tasty. There's the McDonald's on property near the All-Star Resorts too. Or you could even stop a Subway on your way into Orlando and load up on a few sandwiches. Eat bigger before you head to the parks, then pack your Subway for later on. For the days when it isn't convenient for you to leave the parks, do a quick-service option there. All Ears can help you out with budgeting for eating in the parks and give you a better idea of what to expect. Hope that helps a little bit.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Thanks Amanda
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'm in my head now making you a list of my favorite reasonable places in the parks and DTD Tiff! Or reasonable by Disney standards anyhow.

Does your hotel offer free breakfast?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

no but hey I'm getting the room free so that's fine with me! haha

Can't wait to see the list! Will need to check tomorrow for it, getting sleepy now.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We always stay off-site, but normally eat in the parks. A few years ago I decided the TS meals were no longer worth the cost, so we stick to CS in the parks. If we want to do a TS meal, we'lll leave the parks for a late lunch / early dinner, then head back for the evening.

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

Why is it people want to help other people with their questions but are to lazy to type, What's with all the DD, DS, TS, CS . Why do we need a list of abbrevations to know what poeple are saying, You seem to have the time to answer the question so why not type it out

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    We always stay off-site, but normally eat in the parks. A few years ago I decided the TS meals were no longer worth the cost, so we stick to CS in the parks. If we want to do a TS meal, we'lll leave the parks for a late lunch / early dinner, then head back for the evening.
    Thanks. I've found my disney dining book and have been looking and writing down all the QS places that we may want to eat at.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'm in my head now making you a list of my favorite reasonable places in the parks and DTD Tiff! Or reasonable by Disney standards anyhow.
    That DTD list definitely has to start with Wolfgang Puck's Express. That might just be the biggest hidden gem on property. Bar none.

The Blues Cafe is actually quite good, but much more expensive.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by norman View Post
    Why is it people want to help other people with their questions but are to lazy to type, What's with all the DD, DS, TS, CS . Why do we need a list of abbrevations to know what poeple are saying, You seem to have the time to answer the question so why not type it out
    The same reason you're "to" lazy to spell or use proper punctuation, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    That DTD list definitely has to start with Wolfgang Puck's Express. That might just be the biggest hidden gem on property. Bar none.

The Blues Cafe is actually quite good, but much more expensive.
    Good to know thanks!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

You're welcome. Just noticed you're right down the road. I'm in Jefferson City.

If you do decide to eat at DTD avoid the seafood place. It's absolutely horrid.

Hi neighbor!

Oh really? I've never ate there before, think I will stay away now. Thanks
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Another great spot is the Kona Cafe (TS) at the Poly. You could hop the resort loop and be there within minutes the day you're at the MK.

And for a great CS spot you could also do the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary as well.

Cool. Thanks again!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member