Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Dining Discuss DTD Rain Forest Cafe in your ADR plans? in the Vacation Planning forums; C'mon, you wouldn't hold still so your grandma could hit you with a broom? I mean she is a grandmother and therefore almost saintly....
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: DTD Rain Forest Cafe in your ADR plans?

C'mon, you wouldn't hold still so your grandma could hit you with a broom? I mean she is a grandmother and therefore almost saintly.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

For some reason, my wife decided to paint my grandmother's nails one evening while we were at her house visiting. When we were done, my grandma held up her hands and fired back with, "Look, I'm 20." Brilliant.
    Last edited by supernova; 01-31-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I'd keep my head on a swivel if I were you...

For a 90 year old, she seems spry. I'd pay her the $8 for the potatoes or watch your back.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

She turned 92 on January 20th. She has slowed down quite a bit over the past five years, and took a horrible shock when we had to let her know that my dad, her only son, had died (I have never heard someone wail before and I NEVER want to hera it again). Otherwise, she's still going strong.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I agree with OhioDad. Is there anything that is not under construction right now? We also go in April. I guess it's best to know ahead of time so I'm not disappointed when we arrive.

We tried to get into T Rex on our last day. They were booked solid. I have a 9 year old that I think would love it.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

Don't give up on the reservations to Trex. There are always cancellations and walk-ups are accepted too. Keep trying.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by cjborne2 View Post
    I agree with OhioDad. Is there anything that is not under construction right now? We also go in April. I guess it's best to know ahead of time so I'm not disappointed when we arrive.

We tried to get into T Rex on our last day. They were booked solid. I have a 9 year old that I think would love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Don't give up on the reservations to Trex. There are always cancellations and walk-ups are accepted too. Keep trying.
    It has been a while since we ate at Rainforest down there, I can hit two up here and don't have young'ns any longer. It was such a hoot for them when they were small. Sometimes being a good parent is just letting them have a meal here and there on vacation that is just for them. I don't exactly find it to be great food but it isn't bad either by a lot of Disney standards, better than a chunk of buffets that cost more. My DS was in the one at DTD in the fall and he was fine with it.

It is my understanding they always hold back ressies for walk ups, but now that they are on the dining plan, not positive about that anymore
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    What a cute lady. Love the jammie dress and nails, combined with the bobbed hair cut. Adorable.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Yea, we're not expectin' T-Rex to be cuisine. Just some decent munchies with a silly-fun atmosphere and a good time.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

We usually try to make ADRs for Rainforest but the one over at AK. The timing is usually perfect because AK closes around dinner time most nights so we just make ADRs for about 30 minutes after the park closes. That way we can stroll out and make our way through the back entrance.

All this being said... I've never eaten at the one at DtD but with the refurb it may be worth checking out on the next trip. That is of course unless after finishing it they move over to the AK one and do the same and then we'll just do our usual.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    What a cute lady. Love the jammie dress and nails, combined with the bobbed hair cut. Adorable.
    It took her 92 years to become the person she is today, and she ain't changin' for no one.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I don't exactly find it to be great food but it isn't bad either by a lot of Disney standards...
    I don't know, it's pretty bad. Like I said before, they used to have some pretty darn good sandwiches, but that was well over a decade ago. Last time we took our boy to the one at DTD in '02 (when we still lived right down the road in Plant City) it had taken a turn for the worse. Not awful, but nothing like it had been.

He wanted to go again when we were in Nashville a few years ago. It was horrid beyond description. Even my son didn't care much for the food he ordered.

It's actually really odd how inconsistent Landry's is with their restaurants. Morton's is a passable steak house if you're not in Kansas City, Chicago, or New York. McCormick & Schmick's (as well as their sister M&S Grill) are actually rather good. Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex are abysmal. As is The Crab House. Yak & Yeti is actually far better than I would have thought. And Landry's Seafood House isn't some place I'd care to eat at again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    It's actually really odd how inconsistent Landry's is with their restaurants. Morton's is a passable steak house if you're not in Kansas City, Chicago, or New York. McCormick & Schmick's (as well as their sister M&S Grill) are actually rather good. Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex are abysmal. As is The Crab House. Yak & Yeti is actually far better than I would have thought. And Landry's Seafood House isn't some place I'd care to eat at again.
    I was treated to a business dinner at Mortons while visiting Denver, and the food was fine. It was my first experience with a menu-free restaurant.

Yep, "fine" is exactly how I'd describe Morton's. I'm probably a bit biased living so close to Kansas City because a buddy of mine who lives in Boston thinks Morton's is outstanding.

It's certainly a major step up from chain joints like Outback and other related tripe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast