Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Cinderella's Castle vs Princess Storybook Breakfast in the Vacation Planning forums; My husband and I will be traveling to WDW in April. We are celebrating our 5 year anniversary while we are there. He has told me, if I want we ...
    Moosmama09 is offline A-Ticket holder

Cinderella's Castle vs Princess Storybook Breakfast

My husband and I will be traveling to WDW in April. We are celebrating our 5 year anniversary while we are there. He has told me, if I want we can have one "Princess" breakfast to the great joy of the 7-year-old girl inside me . I have read reviews both good and bad for both of the princess breakfasts offered. Which do you think is the best? Best food? Best service? Best time with the Princesses? I want this to be something we both enjoy but I also want a good meal. We are on the dining plan and are willing to spend the two credits at the castle but only if it is really worth it. Thanks for any and all comments.

arielfan316 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Cinderella's Castle vs Princess Storybook Breakfast

Having eaten at both, I found the the amount of time the Princesses spend at your table to be about the same. The major differences are at Cinderella's Royal Table, your host is Cinderella and usually Aurora, Snow White, Ariel, and Belle stop by. Also your eating INSIDE the castle. How cool is that? For Breakfast the food is pre plated and is all you care to eat. For lunch and dinner the options on the menu are very limited. If your on the Dining Plan keep in mind CRT uses 2 table service credits per person.

At Akershus the meal is hosted by Belle. Other princesses who tend to stop by are Ariel, Aurora, Mulan, Jasmine and Snow White. The meal is a buffet with many American standards. Akershus is seat inside a beautiful dining hall at the Norway pavilion in Epcot. at Akershus only one dining plan table credit is used per person.

So it comes down to atmosphere and which Princesses you would like to see. Keep in mind which Princess appear at each restaurant is subject to change. I had no complants about the food, the service, or the Princesses at either one.

If it were me I'd eat in the castle provided I could get a reservation, but I'm a HUGE fan of Cinderella Castle.
    Last edited by arielfan316; 02-10-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    Visits to Disney:

February 2009: off-site 1 day trip to Epcot and Magic Kingdom

February 2010: All Star Movies 7 days, 6 nights of magic

February 2011: All Star Music 7 days, 6 nights of magic

September 2012: All Star Movies 4 days, 3 nights of magic

March 2013: All Star Movies 3 days, 2 nights of magic

April 2013: Pop Century 3 days, 2 night of magic

(Upcoming) January 2014 6 days, 5 nights of magic

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i like the one in norway best!! we have done CRT twice.. and havent liked the food either time
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

We have eaten at the castle once (our first trip) and then at Akershus twice. I absolutely loved both, but I would not pass up eating in the castle - at least just once if you can. It is one of those things we probably won't do again, but so very glad we did when the girls were young. Plus, I am the biggest kid of all, and Cinderella is my favorite!! What a wonderful memory!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

I think if you've never eaten in the Castle, you should try for that first. Simply to say you've done it. If you had already done it, wanted a Princess meal without paying that much, then I'd go to Norway.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by Moosmama09 View Post
    My husband and I will be traveling to WDW in April. We are celebrating our 5 year anniversary while we are there. He has told me, if I want we can have one "Princess" breakfast to the great joy of the 7-year-old girl inside me . I have read reviews both good and bad for both of the princess breakfasts offered. Which do you think is the best? Best food? Best service? Best time with the Princesses? I want this to be something we both enjoy but I also want a good meal. We are on the dining plan and are willing to spend the two credits at the castle but only if it is really worth it. Thanks for any and all comments.
    We celebrated my and my daughter's birthday at Cinderella's Royal Table last August and it was amazing! Check out the section in my trip report about it.

Since you are celebrating your 5 year anniversary, the Castle would make it all the more special. And if you mention that when you make your ADR as well as when you check in, you never know...you could recieve some special "treats"!

The Princess do rounds of the dining room, they spent about 2-4 minutes with us each time. There is a neat ceremony near the "end" of the dinner with a "wishing star". Very, very neat!

We didn't do breakfast, we did dinner, so I can't comment on the food, but I have heard it is basic breakfast food--eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, ect.

Have you checked out www.allears.net? Deb Wills has a great site that has all sorts of reviews and menus from the resturants throughout property and reviews and some pictures. It's a great resourse if you want to even compare CRT and Akersurs.

We did lunch at Akersurs and it was good. The experience did seem less "formal" than CRT and it seemed the Princess spent a little more time. The kids did a neat parade around the resturant with the Princess which was fun.

Good luck deciding and please keep us informed of what you choose.

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048