Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss The Plaza in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey Everyone! So, our next Disney trip is coming up and this time we'll be eating at the Plaza at the Magic Kingdom. Any thoughts or recommendations on what to ...
    MDDisneyFans is offline A-Ticket holder

The Plaza

Hey Everyone!
    So, our next Disney trip is coming up and this time we'll be eating at the Plaza at the Magic Kingdom. Any thoughts or recommendations on what to try there?

Born 2B Grumpy is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: The Plaza

We always enjoy the Plaza. I've had the burger, reuben and steak sandwiches. It's always a tough decision to pick one. The burger is one of the best in the parks and the reuben is always a nice change from the counter service sandwiches. Not the best value if you are on the dining plan because it takes a dinner credit and the meals are only around twelve bucs.

Listen to the live review on show #253
    ~ MickeyBabe's Better Half

Running Goofy again in 2013!!

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

The plaza always has good food. There hasn't really been anything I haven't liked there!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I've never had it, but I've heard nothing but rave reviews about their reuben. Another popular podcaster I won't mention by name claims it's the best reuben he's ever had. And he lives in NYC where they know a thing or two about reubens.

The review podcast was great guys. Thanks! Keep the recommendations coming!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

We usually eat there. The place is nice. Food is good and maybe it's my imagination but it seems to be more reasonably priced compared to other places.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Its funny that you say that! Looking at the menu and hearing the review I thought the same thing about the pricing! I think Disney can really mess with our minds though! I've found that ever since I started going to Disney regularly I find that I think things are a lot less expensive and and its made me kind of lose sight of what normal prices!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Well, it depends. I think.

CS prices are absolutely outrageous. But, many (if not most) of the TS restaurants are much more reasonably priced when compared with comparable restaurants in any major city.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Well, it depends. I think.

CS prices are absolutely outrageous. But, many (if not most) of the TS restaurants are much more reasonably priced when compared with comparable restaurants in any major city.

Yeah I hear ya! We love Disney, so we just adapt to it and save up for it!

Any other thoughts out there?

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

The chicken sandwich and for desert the banana split! You will be rolling out and not walking out.

I just got back from our trip! I had the grilled reuben and the Cheesecake. I was happy with both, but will probably try something else next time. My wife had the cheese steak and loved it!

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Glad you guys enjoyed The Plaza! My family and I have only eaten there twice, but we enjoyed it each time :-)
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

imagineer-to-be is offline A-Ticket holder

I ate at the Plaza for the first time last summer. I enjoyed the location immensely, and I'd looked in the windows on our way to Tomorrowland too many times to count, so it was good to finally eat here. I remember loving the food itself but feeling disappointed with the service we received during our meal. Granted, it was summer and it was lunchtime, and the restaurant was very busy! But I remember my grandmother needing a refill for about 10 minutes before the waiter returned to bring her a new drink. It was overall a great experience, and I think you'll enjoy it a lot! For me, it was like crossing something off the Disney Bucket List!
    Emma

Campbell87 is offline A-Ticket holder

One of our new favourites! I always go for the Steak sandwich and then brownies and ice cream for dessert! It's HUGE and worth every last mouthful!
    1999 DLP, 2000 - DLP, 2002 POR, 2004 DLP, 2005 AKL, 2006/07 AKL, 2008 Four points by Sheraton (NON Disney!), 2008 - SSR, 2010 AKL, 2011 Rosen Inn @ Universal, 2012 - AKL