Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
Dining Discuss Trying new restaurants in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Well I was all in until this paragraph. I use to love Boma both for breakfast and dinner. I have found it to slip over the ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Re: Trying new restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Well I was all in until this paragraph. I use to love Boma both for breakfast and dinner. I have found it to slip over the years, victim of its own success and the dumbing of the DDP. Now Jiko, that place is fabulous. Chef Mickey's IMO doesn't hold a candle to the Original Chef Mickey's at DTD and other than Characters, the food at all Character venues is just OK. Gotta be there for the Characters or be elsewhere.
    We haven't been to Boma in 6 years. I have no doubt that it is probably different, and with Disney, change is almost always for the worse.

Never went to Chef Mickey's at DTD, but I can't imagine anyone ever judging Chef Mickey's based on the food alone. It's in a great location, especially for breakfast if you're planning on visiting the MK that day. We've tried numerous character meals (all of them that are currently around, as far as I know), and have consistently found this one to be the most fun. It's noisy and is basically just loosely organized chaos, but it works for us. Other character meals we have found to be awkward, cramped, or the food was just plain terrible (lunch at the Crystal Palace was horrible last time we were there).

As with any restaurant, it's all about personal preference. I like vanilla, but my wife likes chocolate. People are going to like different things for different reasons, of course.

There are two restaurants that we have never tried, but really want to, but I'm saving them for a trip that is just the two of us: Citrico's & California Grill. I also wouldn't mind going back to V&A's for a special occasion, knowing what to expect now and everything.

If we can dream it, we can do it

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post

As with any restaurant, it's all about personal preference. I like vanilla, but my wife likes chocolate. People are going to like different things for different reasons, of course.
    Well then the choice has to be ghirardelli's in DTD.

For the Vanilla guy the hot fudge sunday, the lady, the hot drinking chocolate, not to be confused with their Hot Chocolate. There is little I can drool over more than the thick drinking chocolate, Dear Lord.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Oh man. That looks ridonkulous.

If we can dream it, we can do it

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    Oh man. That looks ridonkulous.
    And once you are hooked, as I am, Ghirardelli's sells containers of drinking chocolate for you to make at home on your stove top.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Disney Donna is offline A-Ticket holder

Be Our Guest is an amazing experience, well worth a visit.
    Magical from the moment you stand on the bridge awaiting your buzzer to go off- to the photo with the beast.
    OUTSTANDING

If you dream it, you can do it..!!.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Glad to hear, Donna.

It was open when we were there in December, but reservations were not to be had.

Hopefully our next trip...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123