Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Dining Discuss To meal plan or not meal plan in the Vacation Planning forums; I suggest if youa re waiting to add the DDP at the last minute you might consider doing the Quick Service plan which covers counter service and snacks. With the ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: To meal plan or not meal plan

I suggest if youa re waiting to add the DDP at the last minute you might consider doing the Quick Service plan which covers counter service and snacks. With the ADR system, waiting until the last minute to get a seat at a table service restaurant might limit your options. Most people have already booked their meals months in advance for character meals/buffets and the other top tier dining options.

I have used the DDP previously and the wife are using it again in 3 weeks. I used ADR's for two meals and the rest we are flying blind on getting seated.

And who ever said it canbe confusing is right. For the guest and at times the Cast Member. We ate at CRT for lunch when we had free DDP and our server brought our bill. There was nothing due on the receipt. I had to track him down and ask about paying the tax and tip. He told me it was all included in the DDP, which I knew it wasn't. There was a bit of a language barrier too.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post

And who ever said it canbe confusing is right. For the guest and at times the Cast Member. We ate at CRT for lunch when we had free DDP and our server brought our bill. There was nothing due on the receipt. I had to track him down and ask about paying the tax and tip. He told me it was all included in the DDP, which I knew it wasn't. There was a bit of a language barrier too.
    You are right, the tip is generally not included in the plan, but at some "fancier" locations it is. CRT is one of them. The Spirit of Aloha luau at the Poly is another one. There are probably some more out there, but I don't know them off the top of my head. Allears has all of the info though.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Thanks! That's good to know because we are going to CRT for dinner on our anniversary. On a side note, I think I'm going to try the duck confit. Anyone ever had it?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

vincenteastman is offline A-Ticket holder

I find the best thing to do is to figure out what the dp cost you and put that amount on a prepaid credit card before you go. Use the card for your meals ( you are not going to want pop or desert with every meal ). And I bet you when the meals have been paid for that you will have enough left over to buy your child a stuffed Mickey, buzz light year, toy monorail, tshirt, etc.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

A great idea vincenteastman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12