Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Almost sorted out our ADRs, Unsure of 3 in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all, Here is our list of ADR's in order. We are 1 week out from booking them so time is ticking and i'm getting nervous about some of them. ...
    Ian
    Ian is offline A-Ticket holder

Almost sorted out our ADRs, Unsure of 3

Hi all,

Here is our list of ADR's in order. We are 1 week out from booking them so time is ticking and i'm getting nervous about some of them.

• A buffet with Pooh & friends at Crystal Palace (Dinner)
    • Le Cellier (Lunch)
    • Jiko: The Cooking Place – Animal Kingdom Lodge (Dinner) **
    • Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (Dinner)
    • Spirit of Aloha – Polynesian Resort (Dinner) **
    • Fantasmic Dinner package at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano (Changing this to Aloha Dinner at Poly)
    • Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Lunch)
    • Donald’s Dining Safari at Tusker House Restaurant (Breakfast)
    • Via Napoli (Dinner)
    • Teppan Edo (Dinner) Cancelling
    • Chef Mickey’s – Contemporary Resort (Breakfast) Cancelling

Instead of Teppan Edo & Chef Mickeys we think 1 final evening meal would be a great send off, watching the Wishes fireworks and using 2 credits.

Our options are: California Grill, Citricos and Narcoossee's... Which one would you guys choose out of those for a kinda romantic meal with Wishes viewing? And also what time would be best? This final meal will be on Tuesday 23rd October.

Thanks all,
    Ian

IanVicky

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Almost sorted out our ADRs, Unsure of 3

First of all, never ever get nervous about ANYTHING on your vacation. The only MUST do is to have a great time.

That said, you know your family more than I do, but I'd keep the Mamma Melrose Fantasmic package at 1 dining credit and move that credit to dinner at Le Cellier (with a backup option at The Yachtsman). The Fantasmic dinner package is a great deal, as you get an appetiser and reserved Fantasmic seating for 1 table credit. I couldn't imagine eating at a steak house and then walking around in the Florida sun. We always eat breakfasts in our DVC villa, lunch at counter service and dinner at table services.

Another option that we're doing this time (we'll be there from Oct 27th to Nov 4th) is to keep a few nights open for Food and Wine festival.

With regards to the last night meal, I haven't been to any of your suggestions. All would be great choices from what I've been told, it really depends on your personal food taste.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Hi all,

Here is our list of ADR's in order. We are 1 week out from booking them so time is ticking and i'm getting nervous about some of them.

• A buffet with Pooh & friends at Crystal Palace (Dinner)
    • Le Cellier (Lunch)
    • Jiko: The Cooking Place – Animal Kingdom Lodge (Dinner) **
    • Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (Dinner)
    • Spirit of Aloha – Polynesian Resort (Dinner) **
    • Fantasmic Dinner package at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano (Changing this to Aloha Dinner at Poly)
    • Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Lunch)
    • Donald’s Dining Safari at Tusker House Restaurant (Breakfast)
    • Via Napoli (Dinner)
    • Teppan Edo (Dinner) Cancelling
    • Chef Mickey’s – Contemporary Resort (Breakfast) Cancelling
    Instead of Teppan Edo & Chef Mickeys we think 1 final evening meal would be a great send off, watching the Wishes fireworks and using 2 credits.

Our options are: California Grill, Citricos and Narcoossee's... Which one would you guys choose out of those for a kinda romantic meal with Wishes viewing? And also what time would be best? This final meal will be on Tuesday 23rd October.

Thanks all,
    Ian
    I sure like your idea of a great send off dinner. Cali seems to be everyone's go to and is lovely. Sometimes the service is hit or miss but the food is wonderful. Both Narcoossee and Citricos are excellent and out of the three I favor Citricos however you cannot really go wrong with any. DVCDad has a point about heavy meals such as steak, some can take it others not. I've never had a problem but my Mom has had issues with heat and lots of food, just depends on your own bodies tolerance.

So I'd keep LeCeiller and I'd also keep Teppan Edo. If I had to cancel one it would be the Donald Breakfast, not to say that Donald's Tusker is a very good Buffet, it is the bang for the buck. The steak, shrimp and chicken are so good at Teppan as are the sides, it just doesn't compare to what your are receiving in food.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    The Fantasmic dinner package is a great deal, as you get an appetiser and reserved Fantasmic seating for 1 table credit .
    And now I've learned something. I did not know that they threw in a free appetiser!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Ian

I think we are leaning more towards California Grill because the menu is more to our tastes. I did read it is on the 15th floor so the view for Wishes should be good too.

Le Ceiller is a must for us, the menu looks delicious and I hear the cheese soup is very very tasty. Also 1 of those light up drinks is a must for us!

Thank you for your suggestions.

IanVicky

I think we are leaning more towards California Grill because the menu is more to our tastes. I did read it is on the 15th floor so the view for Wishes should be good too.

Le Ceiller is a must for us, the menu looks delicious and I hear the cheese soup is very very tasty. Also 1 of those light up drinks is a must for us!

Thank you for your suggestions.
    You will be happy with CG, if you have time before or after their lounge is beautiful. We've been going to LeCeiller long before it became popular and was a hidden treasure. The soup is soooo good. I did learn to make it at home after having it there. You will also find the light up drinks at many of the restaurants in Disney World. My favorite is Dad's Electric Lemonade from Prime Time in DHS. (hint there is a separate bar to the side of Prime Time where you can purchase drinks to go. : )

There are photo's on this thread of the California Grill, multiple in the last few pages.http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...e-A-Day/page40
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-08-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    You will be happy with CG, if you have time before or after their lounge is beautiful. We've been going to LeCeiller long before it became popular and was a hidden treasure. The soup is soooo good. I did learn to make it at home after having it there. You will also find the light up drinks at many of the restaurants in Disney World. My favorite is Dad's Electric Lemonade from Prime Time in DHS. (hint there is a separate bar to the side of Prime Time where you can purchase drinks to go. : )

There are photo's on this thread of the California Grill, multiple in the last few pages.http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...e-A-Day/page40
    Thank you.
    I have checked online and MK closes at 7pm the evening before we leave, so I think Wishes will be on around 6pm. What time would be best to book for in your opinion?

Ha, thank you for the reccomendation about the Electric Lemonade, it looks yummy

Offt, just going through the photos now in that thread, there is already a big list of snacks for us to try already, this is just adding to it now

IanVicky

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

MK closes at 7 that time of year because of the Halowween party. The fireworks should be around 9pm.

Thank you.
    I have checked online and MK closes at 7pm the evening before we leave, so I think Wishes will be on around 6pm. What time would be best to book for in your opinion?

Ha, thank you for the reccomendation about the Electric Lemonade, it looks yummy

Offt, just going through the photos now in that thread, there is already a big list of snacks for us to try already, this is just adding to it now
    Cali will book quickly with ADR during food and wine. Book as early as possible on that first day available.
    I'd say somewhere around 9pm would be perfect ADR time. Cali is use to people popp'n up to view Wishes.

Fireworks at that time of year would never be at 6pm because Sunset isn't till around 7:30pm or so depending on cloud cover.

Ian

Okay thank you guys, 9pm it is then

IanVicky