Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Dining Discuss San Angel At Epcot in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm hoping your experience will be better than ours Sera. Our reservations were at 6 pm, so not exactly an off hour. If nothing else it is one of the ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: San Angel At Epcot

I'm hoping your experience will be better than ours Sera. Our reservations were at 6 pm, so not exactly an off hour. If nothing else it is one of the most romantic settings in all of WDW, the pavilion is very charming.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MDDisneyFans View Post
    My wife and I are going on our 4th Disney trip of the year!( I love having our annual passes!) We will be eating at San Angel in Mexico at Epcot. It will be our first time eating here. What are your favorites on the menu?!?!
    San Angel Inn is one of my favorites at World Showcase. Seems like we always gravitate there when in EPCOT. I love the ambience and boat ride either before or after dinner. It's a very relaxing atmosphere and a nice way to end the day especially if you finish dinner just in time for Illuminations.

I've never had anything bad off the menu. I think I had a beef tip thing the last time there and it was good. I'm always a ****er for chips and salsa so I'm usually not too terribly hungry by the time dinner rolls around.

MDDisneyFans is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow! When I asked this question I did not mean for people to become upset. I appreciate all of your responses. I'll be honest when I'm telling someone about a Disney experience there are a lot of emotions that come in to play so I understand why disagreements like these can happen. Well being that I posted the op I wanted to report back. We enjoyed the experience a whole lot! I had the Carne Asada a la tampiquena and I loved it. My wife had the Camarones a la diabla. She really enjoyed it. However she had an alergic reaction to the food, which we assume was the shrimp but she's never had that reaction to shirmp before. The food was great but please be careful with food allergies!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Excellent!

Yeah, HG's complaint is the only one I've ever heard from there. Which was why it was so shocking.

I just love the place. And I mean LOVE the place. I can't think of a greater atmosphere on property. That might help the food taste better. Who knows?

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Excellent!

Yeah, HG's complaint is the only one I've ever heard from there. Which was why it was so shocking.

I just love the place. And I mean LOVE the place. I can't think of a greater atmosphere on property. That might help the food taste better. Who knows?
    I've never had a good experience at San Angel, which is why I haven't been back in years.

It's also why I didn't originally respond to this post...I haven't been in a number of years, so it wouldn't be a fair assessment. If someone has been recently and responds that they didn't enjoy it, that's what forums like this are for: to share opinions -- good, bad, or ugly.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by kat228 View Post
    I've never had a good experience at San Angel, which is why I haven't been back in years.

It's also why I didn't originally respond to this post...I haven't been in a number of years, so it wouldn't be a fair assessment. If someone has been recently and responds that they didn't enjoy it, that's what forums like this are for: to share opinions -- good, bad, or ugly.
    I am happy that they did have a nice experience. It doesn't change my review.

Unfortunately if you post a bad review you are up for ridicule for being anti Disney, that is unfortunate to be called out that way. If you can't voice your opinion in a review, what is the point of forums? It wasn't just my experience, it was also my dining partners too, eating a totally different entree. So it is either hit or miss, it was less than a month a part. Disney has changed their staffing requirements for the World Showcase CM's. Because of this, nobody will loose their jobs because they turned out a bad meal as suggested. Economically the new staffing requirements is substantially cheaper for Disney's bottom line.
    Having a duplicate charged on my dining plan and on my debit card for the same meal was just the frosting on the cake. (fyi-took 5 days for the pending charge to be removed.) To me, the worsting dining experience of the trip.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 05-12-2012 at 12:53 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Unfortunately if you post a bad review you are up for ridicule for being anti Disney, that is unfortunate to be called out that way. If you can't voice your opinion in a review, what is the point of forums? It wasn't just my experience, it was also my dining partners too, eating a totally different entree. So it is either hit or miss, it was less than a month a part. Disney has changed their staffing requirements for the World Showcase CM's. Because of this, nobody will loose their jobs because they turned out a bad meal as suggested. Economically the new staffing requirements is substantially cheaper for Disney's bottom line.
    Having a duplicate charged on my dining plan and on my debit card for the same meal was just the frosting on the cake. (fyi-took 5 days for the pending charge to be removed.) To me, the worsting dining experience of the trip.
    After frequenting these boards for years I've discovered that to some, Disney is more of a religion than a hobby. In my opinion, some take anything that's not positive way too personally. You posted about having one bad meal in a restaurant, for god's sake! Lighten up people!
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Anti-Disney?!

Please...

Accusing someone who is as harsh as anyone, especially when it comes to EPCOT, of playing the anti-Disney card is absurd in the extreme.

All I did was caution someone about putting too much weight behind a negative review from a chronic complainer.

Anti-Disney?!

Please...

Accusing someone who is as harsh as anyone, especially when it comes to EPCOT, of playing the anti-Disney card is absurd in the extreme.

All I did was caution someone about putting too much weight behind a negative review from a chronic complainer.
    If this is directed at me, notice that the red words are nowhere in any of my prior posts.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Wow.

Last edited by StewbotTalborg; 05-12-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    If this is directed at me, notice that the red words are nowhere in any of my prior posts.
    Then it obviously wasn't directed at you, was it.

Try reading other posts in the thread.

Then it obviously wasn't directed at you, was it.

Try reading other posts in the thread.
    Nothing is obvious when I read your posts.

Way to sell yourself!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

enough is enough

this thread is closed
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12