Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss San Angel At Epcot in the Vacation Planning forums; My wife and I are going on our 4th Disney trip of the year!( I love having our annual passes!) We will be eating at San Angel in Mexico at ...
    MDDisneyFans is offline A-Ticket holder

San Angel At Epcot

My wife and I are going on our 4th Disney trip of the year!( I love having our annual passes!) We will be eating at San Angel in Mexico at Epcot. It will be our first time eating here. What are your favorites on the menu?!?!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: San Angel At Epcot

I don't know about favorite dishes, but sitting by the river of time looks fantastic

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Mahi-Mahi a la Veracruzana is my favorite entree.

And though it may seem a cop out, you can't go wrong with ANY of the appetizers.

San Angel is my favorite restaurant in EPCOT. Quite possibly my favorite on property. For atmosphere it can't be beat.

Enjoy!!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I ate there last week. We had the blood orange and the cucumber margaritas. I always liked the orange but really loved the cucumber one. The atmosphere is beautiful. The tables are very close together and we did have small kids on each side of us.

I had the Mahi-Mahi a la Veracruzana. I was so disappointed. A hockey puck would have been easier to chew. The other entrees ordered was Sirloin con Chilaquiles and the meat was way over cooked also. Both of the taco's have been excellent in the past, both from the appetiser list and the entree offerings.

Chocolate Mousse with caramel was very good.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-28-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: puck and puke, very different lol
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

What a coincidence.

MDDis, I'd be very careful in putting stock in the above post. Even basic counter service food in EPCOT isn't as bad as described.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 04-29-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

It's been years since I've eaten there but the atmosphere is fantastic.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    What a coincidence.

MDDis, I'd be very careful in putting stock in the above post. Even basic counter service food in EPCOT isn't as bad as described.
    Well thanks again for phrasing that in such a respectful manner. As I stated, I did love the drinks and dessert, along with the atmosphere. Unfortunately what you are accusing me of is not fair at all.

I have gone on the record earlier this week with my review of the entree's of San Angel, so it isn't a coincidence as you have found the need to unfortunately post. All you have to do is go back and read my posts last week prior to this thread being started. I did also comment about the two lovely meals we had else where in Epcot and my favorite quick service meal that was excellent. This particular meal was by far our worst in the week we were there, again stated before your editorial comments about me and my opinions in my post. Oy.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Perhaps you should check a dictionary for a definition of emotional.

My post was simply a caveat based upon your colorful adjectives to describe the food at San Angel. If the fish were truly harder than a hockey puck, somebody lost their job that day.

If you happen to catch them on the worst day possible, it's nothing more than coincidence. I've eaten there many times over the years. Even back when their menu wasn't all that good. And the food was never anything like you've described.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    What a coincidence.

I know what you are saying, but, the wording you used in your post seems a bit harsh to me. just because you do not agree with this person's opinion on the food they received.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Wow. I didn't think it was harsh at all.

But, OK.

I consider comparing Mahi Mahi that is served in what would be considered a three star restaurant to a hockey puck far harsher than anything I posted. Families wouldn't plop down triple digits for food that bad. And as I stated before, I've never had anything at a CS that could be considered that horrible.

I felt I responded kindly enough to a rather over-the-top post.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Anyplace can serve a bad meal...even at Disney.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

This is true.

At any given time you could stay at the best resort in the world, eat at the finest restaurant, so on and so forth, and receive a disappointing product.

It can indeed happen.

And I would offer the same exact caveat if I had first hand knowledge of them as well.

The math is pretty simple. I'm not sure why people are making such a big deal out of it.

If someone were to come here and ask for a genuine review of a day at WDW and one of the first responses came from somebody who simply had everything go wrong for them and proceeded to tell this person what a horrid experience it was, how would others here react?

I think reminding someone new to the experience that someone's bad experience is an outlier is somewhat important.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Anyplace can serve a bad meal...even at Disney.
    Indeed. Unfortunately when you are served a poor meal and your review is, it was really bad you are labled as emotional by some one who's review by their own emotional admission hasn't been to WDW since 2010.

"Good lord, in the past 12 years we've been there twice. '06 and '10. I guess I should be raising the roof over the injustice!! "

I have seen restaurants at Disney World or not go from wonderful to awful in a two year review span. When a meal for two cost over $90.00+ I do desire my fish to be chewable for that price, if that labels me as emotional so be it. The beef meal my dining partner had was equally over cooked. Unfortunately the dining plan has these popular venues cooking food now in mass production and if you are fed a portion that has been sitting around for a while under a heat lamp this is what you get.

I grant that in 06 and 10 maybe their preparations were better. Maybe in high season the food turns over quicker, possible. These entrees were is was beyond icky. Rewriting my review as everything was horrid is again an unfair creative recap and a tad over emotional. The drinks, atmosphere and dessert were very nice. Just the entrees were horrid, yet the bulk of the bill. Again maybe different than the chefs of 2006 and 2010.

The best meal we did have was from Via Napoli, I was really surprised because I did not walk in with high expectations and was blown away. Maybe the key is the outside entities preparing foods on Disney property, Wolfgang, Earl and Via Napoli outstanding. Another resturant was the grill at Boardwalk. It was horrid when we ate there last, they stepped it up and one of the best burgers I've had in a long time. A few years made a big difference. Unfortunately 2-6 year old reviews don't always hold up as accurate reviews of current Disney Cuisine in 2012. I blame the dining plan for this, I am not alone in that evaluation. It is unfortunate that some will defend Disney to the hilt and get very emotional if anyone dares say anything against the happy place. It was just the review of the meals we were served a week ago I reviewed and not to meant to slight the meals served 2 to 6 years ago. It is apple and oranges.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-29-2012 at 10:12 PM.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

this thread is getting close to being closed. we all need to respect each others opinions without calling out those we do not agree with.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

San Angel is one of the restaurants I'm really looking forward to trying on my honeymoon.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast