Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Dining Discuss Be Our Guest Restaurant @ MK will start taking reservations at the end of August!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; The opening date of Be Our Guest Restaurant has always been very vague. Since Disney announced on Wednesday that they will start taking ADRs at the end of August, they ...
    TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Exclamation Be Our Guest Restaurant will start taking reservations August 20, 2012 7:00 am (EST)!

The opening date of Be Our Guest Restaurant has always been very vague. Since Disney announced on Wednesday that they will start taking ADRs at the end of August, they are getting closer to announcing an "official" opening date. Rumors are that they want it open for the "holidays". To me, that means opening the week of Thanksgiving!!!

It will be a counter-service (quick service) by day and sit-down restaurant by night. However, it will not be like most counter-service locations onsite. Ordering has been modeled like the terminals at Pecos Bill and Contempo Cafe.

From the DisneyParksblog.com . . .

Guest-activated terminals make ordering a snap (there also will be traditional cashiers for cash orders and special dietary requests). You order, take a seat and lunch is delivered to your table – on china, not paper.

Disney Dining Plan:
    For those on the Disney Dining Plan, it WILL be included.
    Lunch will be one counter-service credit
    Dinner will be one table-service credit.

An official menu has not been released yet. But, Disney has given a little taste of what will be served.

Be Our Guest Menu
    (Lunch)

Salads
    Tuna Niçoise salad
    Quinoa, shallot and chive salad

Sandwiches
    Croque Monsieur sandwich with carved ham, Gruyere cheese, béchamel w/pomme frites (french fries)
    Carved turkey on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise w/pomme frites
    Grilled steak sandwich with garlic butter spread w/pomme frites

Other Choices
    Braised pork
    Vegetable quiche

Kids' Menu (Lunch)
    Mickey meatloaf
    Seared mahi mahi
    Whole-grain macaroni topped with marinara and mozzarella
    Carved turkey sandwich
    Roasted pulled pork

(Dinner)

Starters
    Charcuterie plate with cured meats and sausages
    Mussels steamed in white wine

Soups
    French onion
    Potato leek soup

Salads
    Salad with champagne vinaigrette
    Salad Trio
    (Roasted beet, raisins and orange; green beans, tomatoes and roasted shallots; and watermelon, radish and mint.)

Main Entrees
    Thyme-scented pork rack chop w/au gratin pasta
    Rotisserie rock hen w/roasted fingerling potatoes
    Pan-seared salmon in leek fondue
    Grilled strip steak w/pomme frites
    Sautéed shrimp and scallops with veggies in puff pastry with creamy lobster sauce
    Oven-baked ratatouille

Kids' Menu (Dinner)
    Whole-grain macaroni topped with marinara and mozzarella
    Grilled steak
    Grilled fish of the day
    Grilled chicken breast

Dessert
    Cupcakes (strawberry cream cheese or triple chocolate)
    Chocolate cream puff
    Passion fruit cream puff
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 08-17-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: information changed
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Be Our Guest Restaurant @ MK will start taking reservations at the end of August!

There is something poetic about a company that can announce the date that they are going to start taking ADR's yet can't tell you when the restaurant is going to open.

Different dining options. Wonder what the children at large are going to think of the food options on the kids menu. My DD would have been so happy and my DS at that age would have walked away hungry, none of that would have appealed to him.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Be Our Guest Restaurant @ MK will start taking reservations at the end of August!

What a coincidence; I was just on the phone last weekend making some ADRs and asking about this very restaurant. They had no info at all, which was disappointing. I might try to switch a dinner reservation to this place, if it is open when I am visiting.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

We may try it on our next family trip, whenever that may be. I thought some of the original plans called for a character meal during dinner hours or was that just speculation?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    We may try it on our next family trip, whenever that may be. I thought some of the original plans called for a character meal during dinner hours or was that just speculation?
    At this time, Disney is not advertising dinner at Be Our Guest Restaurant as a character meal.

However, there will be a Meet-and-Greet in Belle's Village . . .

Enchanted Tales with Belle – A new interactive character meet-and-greet location for Belle and Lumiere, guests will start in Maurice’s workshop, where they step through a magical mirror straight into the Beast’s library.
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

,Impressed with the photo's Disney posted. Nice details.

One of the floor mosaics in the entrance is the Beast's enchanted rose trimmed in gold.

The mosaics on the walls tell the love story of Belle and the Beast.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Even though the restaurant has not been listed as a character-dining experience, I did find some information hinting to the fact that they might incorporate Disney's Living Character Initiative to the restaurant. This is where audio-animatronic characters interact with guests. Similar to Remy at Les Chefs de France. Only this time, Lumiere would interact with guests from a cart. At this time, this is only a rumor and not confirmed by Disney Parks.

Only time will tell . . .
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

There will be three dining rooms in Beast's Castle. (West Wing, Library, and the Ballroom) The restaurant will seat 552 guests. This is a well-needed additional dining location for the Magic Kingdom.

Some more pictures I found online to give you an idea of how amazing this restaurant is . . .

Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

!!!UPDATE!!!
    Disney Dining will start taking Be Our Guest Restaurant phone reservations on Monday, August 20th. (7:00 am EST/6:00 am CST)

This will be for reservations starting on November 19, 2012.

Call 407-WDW-DINE to make reservations.
    Note, You’ll be required to provide a credit card to hold the reservation.

FYI - Technically, November 19 – December 6, 2012 has been advertised as a "preview" period. Disney has confirmed that ALL guests are able to make an ADR.

You will be able to book online starting August 22, 2012 at the link HERE.

Reminder, this is for DINNER only. Lunch is counter service.
    Counter service WILL be open starting November 19, 2012 too.

Official Be Our Guest Restaurant Lunch Menu
    Official Be Our Guest Restaurant Dinner Menu
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 08-17-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

So, with the news of ADRs being taken . . . who's planning on making an ADR???
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 08-17-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

A little bummed. We won't be dining there this year. My husband and I are visiting WDW in late October, not returning until May 2013 with the kids. So, now I'll have to live vicariously through y'all until we can dine there in May.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

We'll certainly be making an ADR for our trip next year!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

AdamV is offline A-Ticket holder

Is anyone else having issues getting through? I've been calling since just before 7 (Eastern), and I've gotten busy signals or "your call did not go through" messages for 20 minutes now.
    1990-offsite | 2008-Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!) | 2009-Port Orleans French Quarter | 2010-Disneyland | 2011-D23 Expo | 2011 - Wilderness Lodge | 2012 - Pop Century

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I got a reservation for Nov 19!! I am soooooo excited
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Next year for us but I'm looking forward to the reviews.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast