Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Restaurant Suggestions for Candlelight Processional in the Vacation Planning forums; My Dad and I are going to Candlelight Processional this year, as he was interested in seeing/hearing Olivia Newton-John. Because I expect her to be fairly popular, we're going to ...
    Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Restaurant Suggestions for Candlelight Processional

My Dad and I are going to Candlelight Processional this year, as he was interested in seeing/hearing Olivia Newton-John. Because I expect her to be fairly popular, we're going to do the dinner package. He hasn't been to Disney as frequently as I have, and hasn't tried many of the places to eat, so he'd like to try someplace he's never been. He isn't overly picky, but doesn't especially like strange foods. For example; he thinks Mexican Pizza is nasty (even though he won't try it), but regular pizza or normal tacos are just fine. I did manage to drag him to Boma a couple years ago, and he did end up liking it. He doesn't have issues with seafood or moderately spicy food. He does have an allergy to strawberries and somewhat an aversion to buffets due to a conception that they are dirty. We are interested in doing the dinner seating. We'd like someplace that's close enough to the America Gardens theater, that we won't be running from dinner to try to get to the theater in time for the processional.

We'll be looking at menus, restaurant reviews and things tonight or tomorrow. My Dad hasn't eaten at these restaurants; so these are the ones we'll be potentially interested in. Given what I've said, which of these do you think would be the best option?

San Angel
    La Hacienda
    Nine Dragons
    Biergarten
    Tutto Italia
    Via Napoli
    Tokyo Dining
    Restaurant Marrakesh
    Le Chefs De France

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Candlelight Processional

I'd probably do Via Napoli or Chefs de France.

I don't particularly care for buffets either. They're hard to keep up to the appropriate temperature (though Disney moves enough people through that this is less of an issue at Disney) and it's not that I think buffets are dirty, but I think people are inherently gross.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle