Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Signature Lunch at LeCellier Steakhouse Canada in the Vacation Planning forums; Last year Dinner at LeCellier became a Signature (2 meal credits on DDP) Restaurant for dinner and Lunch remained a one credit meal. It now appears starting in January that ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Signature Lunch at LeCellier Steakhouse Canada

Last year Dinner at LeCellier became a Signature (2 meal credits on DDP) Restaurant for dinner and Lunch remained a one credit meal. It now appears starting in January that Lunch will also become a Signature, 2 meal credit ding.

I really have enjoyed this restaurant in the past but if I'm going to dole out 2 meal credits, there are better steakhouses on property. (Yes, I am ducking as I say that. )
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Signature Lunch at LeCellier Steakhouse Canada

I never went out of my way to get an ADR here. I mean, it's good, but it's not get up at 6am 180 days away from my vacation good. And I'm not sure it's worth the money they're now charging. It's $3 more for the filet at Le Cellier than the same portion at Yachtsman. You can also get a 12oz filet at Shulas (compared to Le Cellier's 8oz) for $1 more. I'd go to Yachtsman or Shulas for the price and atmosphere.

I love steak. I can cook a really good steak, so I'm pickier than most when dining at steak houses.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Seeing as how I live not to far from Kansas City, and all their phenomenal steak houses (most notably Plaza III), steak is the last thing I'd ever look for at WDW.

And even though I've heard nothing but great things about Flame Tree, BBQ is the second least thing I'd look for at WDW.

It would be like a Floridian going to Kansas City looking for great seafood.

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

So is this just speculation at this point? I hope this restaurant is not going the same route as the Hollywood Brown Derby did several years ago. I like Le Cellier, but I agree it is not worth two DDP credits.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
    So is this just speculation at this point? I hope this restaurant is not going the same route as the Hollywood Brown Derby did several years ago. I like Le Cellier, but I agree it is not worth two DDP credits.
    Wish I could say it was speculation but I pulled it off the wdw web site.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 07-14-2012 at 01:41 AM.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks HauntedGabe. I was just reading it on the WDW site and that is a shame that they are changing it next year. I guess you could see it coming, as it is always a tough reservation to secure.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

It happened today. Lunch is now 2 dining credits. They have also implemented a combo menu that stays the same in price and offerings for both lunch and dinner.

Sadly the lunch burger is a goner.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...ce=twitterfeed

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

so not worth two dining credits for either lunch or dinner. they need a counter service that has the beer cheese soup

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie19891992 View Post
    so not worth two dining credits for either lunch or dinner. they need a counter service that has the beer cheese soup
    Giggle. Guessing many more guests would strike LeCellier from their list of preferred ADRs than already have if they offered the soup and pretzel break at a Kiosk or window QS. Betting it is now far easier to nab an ADR for LeCellier this year. Pure greed on Disney's part here. I would find it hilarious if a good chunk of guests just went in and ordered soup and bread for their meal.

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

I find it funny how trends change. Restaurants are never as fantastic or horrific as the throngs of posters to facebookand boards like this want you to believe. Its a personal taste type of thing.

The dining plan isn't worth buying at the best of times, even moreso for any two credit meal. We used it for convenience, but will go with Tables in Wonderland from now on.

As for Le cellier specifically, it's an amazing steak house. The quality hasnt changed, so pay cash and enjoy.

I follow some good Disney Food critics and I believe LeCellier is Hit or Miss. When you order a rare steak and it comes out well done, there is room for improvement. LeCellier was a must do for us, it isn't any longer, I just don't see the leap in experience or food from the steep price increase. Amazing I would reserve for Schula's and Yachtman, LeCellier amazing is almost an oversell. I agree, if you are going 2 credits is a waste, paying out of pocket at signatures is a sound plan.