Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Re-hitching at the Garden Grille in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone done the re-hitching at the Garden Grille????- we'll be celebrating our 27th anniversary - so I want to surprise my sweetie. And a co- worker is going to ...
    crashbunny is offline Moderator

Re-hitching at the Garden Grille

Has anyone done the re-hitching at the Garden Grille????- we'll be celebrating our 27th anniversary - so I want to surprise my sweetie. And a co- worker is going to take his wife for their tenth anniversary. Is it worthwhile? I've heard mixed reviews - I told my co-worker to try it- but I hope I'm not giving him some bad advice.....

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Thumbs up

I haven't done the re-hitching but I have heard it is worth the time. We are also going for our tenth anniversary and I want to surprise my husband with something special so I will be interested in other replies.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    Has anyone done the re-hitching at the Garden Grille???
    Can you give us some more details about it? I'm planning a trip for some friends of mine for this summer who will be there for their 10th anniversary and this might be a nice thing for them to do!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ok this is the basic info I got from several different websites- basically you have to request this when you make a PS at the Garden Grille - you get a visit from the Characters and you also get a certificate as well- some people have gotten a cake as well. I've gotten varied stories- that's why I was asking if anyone here had done it recently. I'm still planning on it as a part of our 27th anniversary celebration, but I cant Make the PS until August. Keep me posted and let me know if they liked it!

Rehitching Ceremony -- Want to let your loved one know you're still committed? The Garden Grill also offers a "Rehitching Ceremony! When making a PS for any meal at the Land's Garden Grill restaurant tell the Cast Member making the PS to note you would like to be rehitched. When you check in at the Garden Grill make sure you mention it to both the CM at the podium and your server when getting seated. The ceremony is a fun, quick way to add a little fun at WDW. Oh, and take a deep breath when kissing your bride/groom!"

Well I tried to get the rehitching ceremony along with our PS at the Garden Grille next week and they told me that they did not do it anymore - didnt look like it was going to be coming back at all....

Oh well we'll still have fun at the garden grille

not long now!!!!!!

2ofUs is offline A-Ticket holder
    We got re-hitched in 2003. I read a few weeks ago that it has been cancelled due to complaints. Apparently with the national attention being given to 'same-***' marriages, this was requested for a re-hitch and someone complained. Rather than have recurring problems, Disney decided to hault the re-hitching. It was fun, simple, cute and a wonderful way to surprise my honey for our anniversary. Too bad it is no more.
    Happy Travelers - can't afford it, but gotta do it!

eileenami is offline A-Ticket holder
    The latest I heard is that they will do the re-hitching, but they no longer do the kiss at the end.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I had it booked for my September trip but wasn't able to keep my PS. I hope that it has not been taken away permanently
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42