Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Steakhouse Substitutes in the Vacation Planning forums; In a little over a month my Mom, sister, brother-in-law, 9 month old niece and myself will be heading over to WDW for a short stay at OKW. We were ...
    Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Steakhouse Substitutes

In a little over a month my Mom, sister, brother-in-law, 9 month old niece and myself will be heading over to WDW for a short stay at OKW.

We were wanting to do one really nice meal while we were there, and since my brother-in-law really loves steak, we wanted to try to get an ADR at Yachtsman Steakhouse. Alas, Yachtsman will be closed for refurbishment during the time frame we are there. We looked into Shula's, but saw in a review that they had a no-children policy. My sister and her hubby will only be doing one park (we're assuming MK because that's my sister's favorite, and because of the baby), so Le Cellier is also out.

We ended up booking Artist Point for lack of a true steakhouse due to the current buffalo steak and NY strip on the menu. My Mom and I have eaten here before, but sister and her hubby have not. I know their menu is ever-changing, but do you think this is a good steakhouse substitute; or should we be looking elsewhere? Only on-property places please.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Steakhouse Substitutes

No children?!

Hmmm...

We took our son with us to Shula's in Chicago when he was 8. Sorry to hear they have a different policy for the one down there. Either way, better for you as Shula's is absurdly over-priced.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

FYI: Children ARE allowed at Shula's. Per their online menu . . .

Children's Menu Available On Request

Here is a link to their menu from the Disney site . . . Shula's Menu

Sorry YS will be closed while you are there. Another option is Jiko at AKL. I've seen plenty of families dining there and the food is fantastic!!! Get there before sunset and enjoy the resort with it's savanna.

Jiko Dinner Menu
    Jiko Children's Menu
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 08-22-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    FYI: Children ARE allowed at Shula's. Per their online menu . . .

Children's Menu Available On Request

Here is a link to their menu from the Disney site . . . Shula's Menu

Sorry YS will be closed while you are there. Another option is Jiko at AKL. I've seen plenty of families dining there and the food is fantastic!!! Get there before sunset and enjoy the resort with it's savanna.

Jiko Dinner Menu
    Jiko Children's Menu
    Children are allowed yet not really welcomed what-so-ever.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.