Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Tony's Town Square Ristorante??? in the Vacation Planning forums; I never even knew this place was here, but my wife and I will be dining there on the first day of our trip on Sept. 19. I was wondering ...
    GizmoDuck is offline A-Ticket holder

Tony's Town Square Ristorante???

I never even knew this place was here, but my wife and I will be dining there on the first day of our trip on Sept. 19. I was wondering if anyone had any reviews and recommendations for this place.

I have heard that it is Lady and the Tramp themed, do they play Bella Notte?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Tony's Town Square Ristorante???

Tony's gets very mixed reviews. And service seems to depend on the day. I'd go to Liberty Tree for a table service meal in the MK.

Don't know if you are looking for your fall trip or the next Christmas one but by your second trip the new Be Our Guest in the FLE should be open and something to keep in mind.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

monorailbob is offline A-Ticket holder

Our family went to Tony's for the first time last summer. We hadn't been before because of the mixed reviews, but finally decided we wanted to make our own decision. We enjoyed our experience. The service we had was good as was the food. It was not the best Italian food I've ever had, but it was good. If you decide to go, I hope you have a good time.

lizardlynn92 is offline D-Ticket Holder

My family and I eat at Tony's very often and we love it! I love how it is right on Main Street, and sometimes you can see the parade go by! (If your seated in pourch area) I never had a problem with Tony's and I do reccomend it!

Four Parks
    One World

There is just one moon
    and one Golden Sun
    And a smile means
    friendship to
    everyone

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

We've never been to Tony's either but plan on dining there on our next trip.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

eliza61nyc is offline A-Ticket holder

Ok, I'll be the lone dissenter.

Take a picture in front of Tony's and go no further. Do not under any circumstances eat here. This is the only Disney restaurant that I would describe as downright nasty. The frist time we went, my sons chicken parmigna was BURNT! The waitress was horrified that they put it on a plate. I mean it looked like blackened chicken, my youngest son spaghetti was over cooked to the point of mushiness and I have literally black out what I had.
    We tried it a second time only because we figured the first time had to be a fluke. Nope, 2nd time was just as bad. Our 3 trip when our sons were smaller we told our youngest we were eating there, he broke out crying!! It was hysterical, he was in the front of the restaurant crying "the food is nasty mommy". I'm sure the other visitors didn't appreciate it, but hubby and I thought it was a hoot.

On no other planet would Tony's remotely be considered Italian. It is the worst restaurant anywhere.
    Last edited by eliza61nyc; 08-30-2012 at 08:51 AM.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Sadly, the boards are full of icky reviews like you have stated. Imagine if they put a good chef in there and a GM that could consistently run the place well?

They did a staff over haul a few years back at Prime Time. Sometimes you just have to start over. Close her down, rehab her and start a new.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

I have my own mixed opinion of Tony's. As far as the food, it's terrible. Awful. They can't even make a decent spaghetti and meatball. Gross. Gross. Gross.

That being said, we had a great server and a great time anyways. What made our trip to Tony's so great was the fact that it was a chilly night in January and we got to sit inside to see the Electric Parade at the end of a long day at the parks. And we finished just in time to go out and see Magic, Memories & You. Despite our sweatshirts and jeans, we were freezing at the end of the day, and dinner at Tony's gave us just the bit of relief we needed to make it through the rest of the night.

So, would I recommend Tony's for the food? Definitely not! I think here you pay for location and that can be magical as well.

If you are looking for good Italian on property, however, I would recommend Portabella in DTD. It is AMAZING!!!! I've never had a bad dish - or server- there. Yummo!!!
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

eliza61nyc is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrunrchick View Post
    I have my own mixed opinion of Tony's. As far as the food, it's terrible. Awful. They can't even make a decent spaghetti and meatball. Gross. Gross. Gross.

That being said, we had a great server and a great time anyways. What made our trip to Tony's so great was the fact that it was a chilly night in January and we got to sit inside to see the Electric Parade at the end of a long day at the parks. And we finished just in time to go out and see Magic, Memories & You. Despite our sweatshirts and jeans, we were freezing at the end of the day, and dinner at Tony's gave us just the bit of relief we needed to make it through the rest of the night.

So, would I recommend Tony's for the food? Definitely not! I think here you pay for location and that can be magical as well.

If you are looking for good Italian on property, however, I would recommend Portabella in DTD. It is AMAZING!!!! I've never had a bad dish - or server- there. Yummo!!!

And generally I would definitely agree, some times the atmosphere and service can go a long way. I guess the problem I have with Tony's is that the food isn't just "meh", it's down right awful. NO matter how great the atmospher you kinda want to be able to enjoy your food.

The second problem I have with it, is Tony's is supposed to be pretty Basic Italian. So we're not expecting the inovating chef or the creative menu, we're talking basic spaghetti and meatballs. Now I come from a family restaurant background so some times I have to take a step back and realize that I can be annoyingly picky but spaghetti, lasagna, chicken parm? that's basic short order cook stuff.

Gotta say though, I love the decor and atmosphere, just see so much potential.

I think HuantedGabe had it correct.