Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss LeFou's Brew at Gaston's Tavern in the Vacation Planning forums; Thinking Disney is going to have an announcement for every little detail of FLE. By November 18th we will have seen it all online previously. LeFou's Brew to me along ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

LeFou's Brew at Gaston's Tavern

Thinking Disney is going to have an announcement for every little detail of FLE. By November 18th we will have seen it all online previously.

LeFou's Brew to me along with Gaston's is a blatant and very obvious lift from Universal's, Harry Potters Butter Beer. LeFou's Brew even has a foam topping added to the beverage just like HP's Butter Beer.

And if anyone is wondering why Disney Food and Beverage Imagineers were so willing to take on the criticism for launching a similar product maybe this can offer some clarity. Butter Beer was considered the most successful new product launch in 2010. It was calculated that half of guests visiting Wizarding World purchased Butter Beer. Butter Beer is drawn from a tap, like a beer, and the thick, whipped foam is from a separate tap. It's served in cups, about $3. $4 if it is frozen, served in a disposable cup. But if you want the souvenir plastic mugs around $10 or $11 for frozen variety.

The lines for Butter Beer was almost as long as the lines for The Forbidden Journey and sold over a million mugs of the stuff in just over 6 months. So, why would Disney want to launch a very similar beverage in a stein of their very own? I'm thinking Disney wants to duplicate that profit margin Universal has created with their butter beer. Now will the fairy tale pictures on the Disney mugs sell as well to all age demographics as the clear, image free mug of Butter Beer?

From the official Disney Parks Blog:

]We think this signature beverage will be a big hit at Gaston’s Tavern when New Fantasyland opens later this year – LeFou’s Brew, named after Gaston’s sidekick in “Beauty and the Beast.” It’s no-sugar added frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow, topped with all-natural passion fruit-mango foam. We bet the souvenir steins and goblets are going to go fast. (And, yes, if it sounds familiar, guests at Cars Land at the Disneyland Resort may have tasted the frozen concoction at the Cozy Cone.)

The quick-service restaurant, created to look like a comfy lodge in the French countryside, will be a great place to escape from the Florida sun. Outside is a statue of Gaston hoisting two kegs of his favorite brew; inside he’s center stage in a big portrait over the fireplace.
    The signature sweet at Gaston’s, by the way, is warm, gooey cinnamon rolls, served all day.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 09-04-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: LeFou's Brew at Gaston's Tavern

I had the Red's Apple Freeze out in Disneyland and it was delicious. It's really not like Butterbeer at all.

I mean, maybe the concept is? But I didn't even think of Butterbeer until you mentioned it. Totally different taste. And you can only get it frozen.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Yep, I was making the analogy to the concept of the frothy beverage with suds offered in the over priced mug, not so much the flavor. I did hear the apple beverage at Cones in DL was good and apple juice is a flavor enjoyed by most. Interesting that Disney is duplicating that same signature beverage in the Magic Kingdom just with another name slapped on it.

What was the price tag? Was it served in a souvenir cone?
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 09-04-2012 at 07:08 PM.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yep, I was making the analogy to the concept of the frothy beverage with suds offered in the over priced mug, not so much the flavor. I did hear the apple beverage at Cones in DL was good and apple juice is a flavor enjoyed by most. Interesting that Disney is duplicating that same signature beverage in the Magic Kingdom just with another name slapped on it.

What was the price tag? Was it served in a souvenir cone?
    I think it was $4.29 at the Cone. However, I've noticed that sodas are more expensive at DLR than they are at WDW. I got it twice. But I love Apple Juice. The sweet foam on top was really sweet, but when it mixed with the frozen apple juice it cut down on the tartness. It was quite yummy.

It might have been served in a souvenir cone, but I didn't pay extra for that.

I saw some lady with 6 cones on her stroller. The cones were like $12 each. A little much. I guess that's the benefits of not having kids!

Mmmm, tasty!

ETA: It would be SO GOOD with an ooey gooey cinnamon roll...

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

The 4+ I'd pay for a slush juice, $12ish, nope. And I've had kids, fortunately old enough to know you don't pay an additional $8 dollars for the same beverage in a different vessel. For $12 I'd pay a few dollars more and buy the hotel souvenir cup first, at least they could refill that.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

I can't wait to try this...and I would want the souviner mug too!!

I am so bummed I can't make it to WDW anytime soon...gotta wait til next summer! Unless, someone wants to be my fairy godmother?? hehe
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048