Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Dining Discuss Starbucks, coffee without Main St. Bakery in the Vacation Planning forums; CM bakery treat preview of Fountainview Petersen Soft Opening rumored to be September 4th....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Starbucks, coffee without Main St. Bakery

CM bakery treat preview of Fountainview

Petersen

Soft Opening rumored to be September 4th.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Outside of the cupcakes, these offerings aren't anything spectacular.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm not a fan of Starbucks pastries. Always taste kinda stale but in a pinch I'll eat them, at Disney I'm never in a pinch, too many better options for QS food, well except DHS, can't believe they can't rectify that.

And Fountain got its Starbucks logo today.

supernova likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I'm with you. DHS really has some of the worst dining options anywhere at WDW. Then again, I don't think I've ever stopped for a meal at Animal Kingdom, either. Never once in all the years the park has been open have I purchased food. Wow.

Will they be keeping the Fountain View name?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

As far as I know Fountain View name is staying. It fits the building and is non-nondescript. Disney went there originally with the Main Street Bakery then backed off and left the name. Actually that one they could of should have changed, it is misleading, it is no longer a bakery, it is a coffee shop, if they were going to leave the name my thoughts are they should have left Disney pastries in there. The few token items don't count and many are not sold until after 11am. I just find it a bit misguided to comprimise with the revolters by giving them them the name and omitting the goods. Likely Disney was in a choke hold with the contract signed by Starbucks and if I was Starbucks I wouldn't yield to fans either.

What is interesting is that Starbucks isn't doing so well. Most hours of the day guests can walk right up and order.
    Most guests entering the MK are on a mission to do something. Stopping for 10-15 minutes to get coffee or high end beverages isn't in the itinerary as they enter the Kingdom. My gut is Epcot's will do better. There are not choices in World Showcase and going to the Land if that isn't your plan and going downstairs to get coffee, well Starbucks is a good option and FW is more laid back and you might have time to drink it as you stand in line for either Soar'n or Test Track.

Side bar: AK has some excellent snacks and options. Flame's ribs and chicken are some of the best I have had anywhere at Disney or around the country. Yak and Yeti is one of my Favorite TS in Disney. The entrees are unique and very tasty. The desserts are original and yummy. The theming in the restaurant is superior and it is broken up into areas so it isn't loud. I feel badly for the owners. This establishment was to be open for Lunch and Dinner. They spent a lot of money to construct that building and theme it and it has nice furnishings. When it opened AK stayed open later and had EM hours. Disney closing that park early and omitting EMH has really cut their source of revenue. It was opened within the year (later than expected) of Everest and likely Disney expected Everest to be the Savior of that park. Didn't happen and because Y&Y is well into the park they cannot stay open like RainForest can.
    supernova likes this.

Actually this pastry appeals to me more than anything on that tray...

https://vine.co/v/hM6BDMa1ig6

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Actually this pastry appeals to me more than anything on that tray...

https://vine.co/v/hM6BDMa1ig6
    Why did you call that kid a pastry?
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Why did you call that kid a pastry?
    Giggle.

More Starbuck Signs in case you missed the one over the door.

Testing happening by ticket invite over this week and next in the morning. Not a bad idea. There might be more of a demand at Epcot over the MK.

Lifestylers

Interestingly this is the photo Disney released, very different than the fan photo's that capture the 3 Starbuck signs in a row. By the angle and trees of Disney's photo you would hardly know it was a Starbucks. Got to love photography.

to give a little perspective of the size of the Starbuck signs that seem small above

Frost

lifestylers

And no seating in here either. Mistake in my opinion. This is a CM preview, test run, 2 free items to test out. This still wasn't the finished room, decorators were still coming after the preview.

I'm actually not offended by these pictures. Nice integration of an outside brand onto Disney property.

As for seating, I can't see the restaurant being devoid of seats for too long. Once drinks start being brought onto rides and coffee is spilled all over Test Track, they'll add seating areas.

I'm actually not offended by these pictures. Nice integration of an outside brand onto Disney property.

As for seating, I can't see the restaurant being devoid of seats for too long. Once drinks start being brought onto rides and coffee is spilled all over Test Track, they'll add seating areas.
    My point was more of how it was photographed. Disney photo made the signs look small. The Lifestyle photo more straight on demonstrated how large the signs actually are.

There is really plenty of room both at Epcot and the MK for seating. MK rapidly dropped off in Starbuck purchases the day after it opened. We shall see about Epcot. I saw a quote, 'if Epcot guests just started sitting on the sidewalk like hobos around Starbucks in Epcot there soon would be seating.' True.

And onward with Starbucks. On the West Side of DTD, Starbucks will displace Wetzel Pretzel and Haagen Dazs Ice Cream, relocating them near Disney Quest.

Also, in the DTD MarketPlace area Starbucks will open up near the World of Disney Store. Kind of reminds me of yesteryear and how rapidly McDonalds expanded through Disney Property in various forms.

And onward with Starbucks. On the West Side of DTD, Starbucks will displace Wetzel Pretzel and Haagen Dazs Ice Cream, relocating them near Disney Quest.
    Briefly, I missed the mention of the West Side and thought they were taking the pretzel stand away from the stage area in the Market Place. I so rarely go to the West Side that I didn't realize there was a Wetzel's there, too. Suddenly I'm thinking, moving Wetzel's means it'll be too far to walk for a pretzel. Glad this isn't the case.

Also, in the DTD MarketPlace area Starbucks will open up near the World of Disney Store. Kind of reminds me of yesteryear and how rapidly McDonalds expanded through Disney Property in various forms.
    Reminds me of yesteryear when Starbucks themselves were rapidly expanding throughout major cities. Once we had a Starbucks across from a Starbucks, it was getting to be a bit much.
    Evilduckqueen likes this.

My point was more of how it was photographed. Disney photo made the signs look small. The Lifestyle photo more straight on demonstrated how large the signs actually are.
    Wasn't referencing your post, so I hope you didn't take offense. I just meant that surprisingly, I'm not insulted by the integration of Starbucks into the Fountainview. From the way people were originally carrying on, you would have thought the world was ending.

From the fan photos, it would seem that the Disney's use of forced perspective is working here, too. Larger cup makes the signs appear a bit smaller. Have to check this out for myself later this year.

I wonder how the pricing structure is. Are we talking Starbucks prices or Disney prices? Or are they basically the same thing? I'm not a coffee drinker so I have no basis here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast