Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree13Likes
Dining Discuss Starbucks, coffee without Main St. Bakery in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by supernova Wasn't referencing your post, so I hope you didn't take offense. I just meant that surprisingly, I'm not insulted by the integration of Starbucks into the ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Starbucks, coffee without Main St. Bakery

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Wasn't referencing your post, so I hope you didn't take offense. I just meant that surprisingly, I'm not insulted by the integration of Starbucks into the Fountainview. From the way people were originally carrying on, you would have thought the world was ending.

From the fan photos, it would seem that the Disney's use of forced perspective is working here, too. Larger cup makes the signs appear a bit smaller. Have to check this out for myself later this year.

I wonder how the pricing structure is. Are we talking Starbucks prices or Disney prices? Or are they basically the same thing? I'm not a coffee drinker so I have no basis here.

Nope, we're good.

I am finding Starbucks a better fit in Epcot over MK but I do think Disney/Starbucks could have done much better theming the inside. Other than first thing in the morning when I must have a jolt of something (though I do prefer Disney's Joffery Coffee) the draw to me would be to sit down and enjoy the brew and cool off for a few minutes, lack of seating is a big minus for me. Thinking Disney/Starbucks were anticipating all day, long lines that didn't happen at MK.

At the MK, I'm still not over Disney booting the Main Street Bakery. There were many things we always purchased at the Bakery and with the change over the coffee would have improved anyhow since Joffery is replacing the icky NesCafe at all Quick Service in park and resort. Just wish they would have picked a different venue, miss the CinnRoll.

Prices higher than our local but around Airport prices.

http://allears.net/menu/men_msb.htm
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Starbucks addition to World of Disney, DTD aka Disney Springs.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Dilemma solved.... missing Main Street Bakery cinammon rolls ...... found them at Gaston's in the new Fantasyland! Not as much icing, but nevertheless wonderful!
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

LuckyJack is offline A-Ticket holder

So I'm a fan of Starbucks.....and of course a fan of Disney. But I also like salt and sugar.....just not the two together. But...their coffee is pretty good and they are on property now so I'll be open minded to try it when I get back down to WDW.

The big question the wife and I had..which I've been looking around for is - are the staff of the various WDW Starbucks locations - Starbucks employees ? If so....I wonder what sort of standards they will have for code of conduct ? How will they interact with Cast Members ? Do they come and go via the Utilidors ?

Like we all say - the Cast Members make the experience ! I'm sure Disney will manage the situation quite closely !
    Lucky Jack

How you doin' from ol' New Jersey

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345