Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Dining for people with food allergies/restrictions? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi. I'm very new to the boards and I'm still trying to figure out my way around so I hope I'm posting this in the correct spot. Our next trip ...
    ohiodisneymom is offline A-Ticket holder

Dining for people with food allergies/restrictions?

Hi. I'm very new to the boards and I'm still trying to figure out my way around so I hope I'm posting this in the correct spot. Our next trip is coming up in May (yay!) and we have the dining plan. I have an onion and garlic intolerence and I've heard Disney works with guests that have food allergies. I love to try new foods and really would prefer to not eat super bland chicken nuggets the entire trip. Anyone know how this works? Do they just have a select menu to choose from?

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Dining for people with food allergies/restrictions?

You found the right spot! Here's a site you might find helpful: Dining with Food Allergies at Walt Disney World

I luckily don't have food allergies, but here's what I understand the process to be:
    At sit down locations, you can indicate on your reservation that you have allergies and remind them when you check in. A chef will come out and talk to you, and let you know what on the menu is safe, tell you that they can adjust certain items, or will create something special for you. In buffets, they will walk you through the items and let you know what is safe.
    At counter service locations, they have a book you can look through that will list out ingredients so you can see what is safe for yourself. I would suggest giving yourself extra time and/or go during off times.

Hopefully someone with first-hand experience will chime in, but hopefully this helps get you started!

ETA: I used to be sensitive to milk (lactose-intolerant that I grew out of, most of the time the Lactaid Ultra pills sufficed) but I still prefer the taste of soy milk to regular milk. At the Crystal Palace during breakfast, I mentioned that to our waitress to see if it was possible to get some soy milk instead of the regular milk they had on the buffet. It was no problem at all and they were able to bring out soy milk for me at no extra charge.
    Last edited by kat228; 03-30-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

ohiodisneymom is offline A-Ticket holder

Oh that's great! Thank you! Sadly with me I think when I tell them I can't have onions or garlic they will tell me all they have is water! haha.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Hmmmm...

Didn't Lou do a podcast about WDW dining with food allergies? I'll have to wrack my feeble mind.

IIRC, at table service locations you can actually speak to the chef.

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Contact Disney directly. They sent me a lst of all the counter and table service restaurants with celiac selections when my parents came along.