Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss New Waterfront Dining at the Morocco Pavilion in the Vacation Planning forums; And a waterfront restaurant being added to the World Showcase. New Eatery for Morocco Pavilion in World Showcase at Epcot posted on April 1st, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

New Waterfront Dining at the Morocco Pavilion

And a waterfront restaurant being added to the World Showcase.

New Eatery for Morocco Pavilion in World Showcase at Epcot

posted on April 1st, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Look for a new waterfront eatery by the end of this year at the Morocco Pavilion in World Showcase at Epcot. Spice Road Table will feature various small plates and refreshments inspired by the cuisine of the Mediterranean. With seating both indoors and out, it’s a welcome addition to the line-up along World Showcase Lagoon.
    Stay tuned for other “enhancements” to the pavilion and more news on Spice Road Table as menus are finalized.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

Re: New Waterfront Dining at the Morocco Pavilion

if I didn't hear about this late last year, one would think it could be a possible prank
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Mediterranean is peaking in popularity amongst foodies. Seems like a no-brainer.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Morocco has always been one of those pavillions that I've had zero interest in dining options.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

I love Tangierene Cafe, but I've never tried their current sit down option. It just seems so expensive for the kind of food it is. I mean, I can go down the street and get fantastic Mediterranean food for under $10, I have a hard time spend $20+ for it.

I'm cautiously optimistic, and I love Mediterranean food, so I'm looking forward to it.

I am also a little apprehensive of this trend of building out along the water.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by kat228 View Post
    I love Tangierene Cafe, but I've never tried their current sit down option. It just seems so expensive for the kind of food it is. I mean, I can go down the street and get fantastic Mediterranean food for under $10, I have a hard time spend $20+ for it.

I'm cautiously optimistic, and I love Mediterranean food, so I'm looking forward to it.

I am also a little apprehensive of this trend of building out along the water.
    That is my main concern, the more they put up against the water the less ambiance there will be. Little by little it is turning into a street with buildings on each side, Mexico has that feel now as does the UK. Wonder if they will move the boat dock or just put it on one side or the other.

When I had heard this a few months ago (why Disney re-announced it again yesterday?) this was to be built quickly by Disney standards. At that time it was being said a 2nd lake side one would be built shortly after the completion of the one at Morocco. Wonder if that was shelved, delayed or still in the works. Never know with Disney.

Makes you wonder what the future holds for Illuminations. I took a Google Earth Tour around the pond this evening and there is already quite a bit pond side already.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Hmmm, being a huge Illuminations fan that's an angle I should have considered.

Not entirely sure what I think about it, to tell you the truth. I've never had a problem finding a good spot to watch the show from. But diminishing choices are still diminishing choices.

Disney has already stated that two viewing areas would be reserved exclusively for FP+ holders with the roll out, the area right at WS Center and Mexico, now remove a chunk of the Morocco area, VIP/Dessert only areas, the viewing areas are certainly shrinking for good views of what is happening in the water.

Long for yesteryear when we could pretty much walk up anywhere with the rest of the WDW guests and enjoy Illuminations to close out the night without jockeying for a family plot.

I thought the other spot was supposed to be in front of the German pavilion?

As far as the spot near Mexico, they've been reserving that spot for years. Not exactly sure whether it was for private parties, or what? But we saw it roped off as long ago as 2006. Kinda irritating, but whatever, I suppose.

Like most, I find the reserved areas for shows a bit on the ridiculous side.

Then again, as a child of the 70's I still haven't come to grips with Fastpass yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post

As far as the spot near Mexico, they've been reserving that spot for years. Not exactly sure whether it was for private parties, or what? But we saw it roped off as long ago as 2006. Kinda irritating, but whatever, I suppose.
    Not always. That is where I watched from on my last trip. Maybe it comes and goes.

Anyhow, the construction walls are up today. The literally slam up on the concrete queue wall for the boat launch dock to Japan. There is the standard brown wood/tall construction wall that totally blocks the view of the lake running the length of that area. Every 10 feet or so there is a hanging flower basket.

So looks like the dock is staying.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Not always. That is where I watched from on my last trip. Maybe it comes and goes.
    Probably does. The only times I saw it it struck me as some kind of private event. Didn't walk over the the last time we were there, so I have no idea if they had it roped off.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

Anyhow, the construction walls are up today. The literally slam up on the concrete queue wall for the boat launch dock to Japan. There is the standard brown wood/tall construction wall that totally blocks the view of the lake running the length of that area. Every 10 feet or so there is a hanging flower basket.

Here is a You Tube of what that side of the World Showcase looks like now.

It looks better Dock side, when he gets to the length of the wall on the promenade deck that is one honk'n long construction wall.

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

Unfortunately they might start removing some of the trees around the lagoon to open up some more unobstructed viewing space.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
    Unfortunately they might start removing some of the trees around the lagoon to open up some more unobstructed viewing space.
    Well Disney butchered Main Street trees and the beautiful Cherry trees around the castle, they won't hesitate to do the same in the World Showcase.

Today:
    pice Road Table Coming to Morocco Pavilion at Epcot

posted on November 18th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Spice Road Table is coming soon to Epcot, offering a variety of Moroccan small plates and specialty drinks. Regional flavors from the Mediterranean are highlighted, along with a scenic view of the World Showcase lagoon in front of the Morocco pavilion.
    Perfect for IllumiNations viewing or relaxing with a selection of Moroccan flavors and cocktails along World Showcase Lagoon, the lounge is a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds, say the designers. There’s an array of small plates: zesty harissa chicken drumettes; a Mediterranean omelet with sausage, potatoes and caramelized onion; mussels with preserved lemons and tomato sauce baked in an earthenware tagine pot; Moroccan merguez sausage with a fresh tomato salad; garlicky jumbo shrimp in a spicy chile pepper sauce.

Inspired by the outdoor cafes along the Mediterranean, the whitewashed façade of Spice Road Table is accented in icy shades of blue from the famous “Blue City” of Chefchaouen in Morocco’s Rif Mountains. A collection of shops in the colorful style of a Moroccan “souk,” or marketplace, stretches along the front of the building – and a henna tattoo artist will create temporary body art from traditional and modern designs.
    With 120 outdoor terrace seats, the inside will seat 60 with cozy booths, Moroccan light fixtures, tilework, tapestries and art representing Morocco’s indigenous Berber tribes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast