Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ohiodisneydad
Dining Discuss Recipe for Yak & Yeti Mango Pie in the Vacation Planning forums; OK, here's one for the experts. I want this recipe. I've scoured the far ends of the internet and came up with NOTHING. I've checked Allears.net and there's nothing. I'm ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Recipe for Yak & Yeti Mango Pie

OK, here's one for the experts. I want this recipe. I've scoured the far ends of the internet and came up with NOTHING. I've checked Allears.net and there's nothing. I'm not going back to AK for over a year and I want to try this sooner than that.

Anyone have this recipe, know where I can get it or are willing enough to pick it for me at Yak & Yeti on their next trip?
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Recipe for Yak & Yeti Mango Pie

Sorry, Yak & Yeti is not a Disney owned restaurant. Yak & Yeti does not make the Mango Pie, they subcontract it out.

But I can fulfill your desires! You too can order a pie(s) from Yak & Yeti's supplier!

Kenny's Great Pies
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I found the link to Kenny's. Shipping food is OUTRAGEOUS and for some reason when you click on the order online link, you get a pop up that tells you to call to order pies. I don't want to call and order pies. I want to click and order pies.

Plus, I enjoy baking pies. They are robbing me of happiness!

My quest shall continue!
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I found the link to Kenny's. Shipping food is OUTRAGEOUS and for some reason when you click on the order online link, you get a pop up that tells you to call to order pies. I don't want to call and order pies. I want to click and order pies.

Plus, I enjoy baking pies. They are robbing me of happiness!

My quest shall continue!
    Too funny. I don't want to call I want to click. You seemed to like the pie at Yak & Yeti without baking it yourself, you'd just be duplicating the experience by ordering and indulging.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

That's the funny thing, I've never had the pie at yak & Yeti! I saw a pic and review of it and now I want one!

I've got a Disney cookbook I picked up on a previous trip and there's a recipe in it for a Key Lime Pie from Grand Floridian. I've made it a lot and it is pretty awesome. I wonder if it's really from Kenny's?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    That's the funny thing, I've never had the pie at yak & Yeti! I saw a pic and review of it and now I want one!

I've got a Disney cookbook I picked up on a previous trip and there's a recipe in it for a Key Lime Pie from Grand Floridian. I've made it a lot and it is pretty awesome. I wonder if it's really from Kenny's?

I doubt it. The vast majority of Disney Desserts are prepared in a facility for pastries. Some resorts/restaurants have the ability to cook premade batter for cookies and some breads or par-baked breads. Now chefs for the higher end restaurants decide and create their own desserts however they are often then relegated to the Pastry building for mass production. On sight the restaurants then do the plating designs and a few minor toppings but for the most part the grunt work is done at the Pastry House.

Disney does a lot of this. Linens are foldeded and fluffed at the Laundry House. Ever see the big trucks coming to and from the resorts with towels and bedding? The first time I saw that in a back parking lot of POR I was surprised.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 02-11-2014 at 03:04 PM.