Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Dining recommendations??? in the Vacation Planning forums; So, my husband and I are taking my parents, little sister and her boyfriend to Disney World for 8 nights, starting August 31st. We are staying at Caribbean Beach and ...
    TinkandTimon is offline A-Ticket holder

Dining recommendations???

So, my husband and I are taking my parents, little sister and her boyfriend to Disney World for 8 nights, starting August 31st. We are staying at Caribbean Beach and will be on the Dining plan. My dad has never been to WDW, and it's been since 1981 for my mom. I am keeping as much info about the trip a surprise to everyone, from the resort, to which parks we're visiting, to the restaurants. I have tried to pick unique dining experiences they'll enjoy and remember forever. I have made all our ADRs, but am not entirely excited about one choice. On our last night there, I have an ADR for the House of Blues in Downtown Disney. I have never been here, and I'm sure it's good, but I wanted something more "uniquely Disney." I'm looking for another table service restaurant that only takes one dining credit and is not in the parks. Maybe something at a resort? I've been looking at the Wave, but from what I've seen in pictures, the portions look tiny. I've also been looking at the Captains Grill, and the Maya Grill. I've never been to any of these and would like some suggestions or advice. These are the other ADRs I've made: Shutters at Port Royale, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern, Ohana, Chefs De France, Paradiso 37, and Sanaa. Any help would be great!
    TinkandTimon

MarenMouse is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Dining recommendations???

Just off the top of my head, I would suggest Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. You really should consider visiting Fort Wilderness in general. It is a very unique resort experience. You can get their by boat from the Magic Kingdom. Trail's End is a traiditional American style buffet so you want to show up hungry! You can do a carriage ride around the resort after or if you are there late enough go to the camp fire and movie.