Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Private Dining at the Grand Floridian in the Vacation Planning forums; I was reading about this on another site and I was wondering if anyone has ever done this? The second day of our trip next year will be the second ...
    Scrap-Vamp is offline B-Ticket Holder

Private Dining at the Grand Floridian

I was reading about this on another site and I was wondering if anyone has ever done this?

The second day of our trip next year will be the second anniversary of me and my DF's first date and, as he proposed to me at Disneyland Paris last year, I wanted to do something to surprise him on this trip.

If anyone could share any experience or knowldge about pricing, availability etc, I would be very pleased to know. I am aware that price would depend on variables such as menu and extras etc but I was wondering about a ballpark figure so I could save up for it especially.

Thanks in advance
    Jen xXx

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Is this what you looking for Jen?

http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_gfp.htm
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Thanks Amanda - it was AllEars where I read about it! I just wondered if anyone had experienced it and could give me a ballpark figure before I call. I'm guessing you probably have to wait til 90 days before the trip, as with other PS (I forget their new name!)?

I think I will have to take the day off work when I want to call due to the time difference - can't see my employers being too happy about me making a long-winded phone call to Florida on their time and money!
    Jen xXx

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Did you mean private dining in the rooms (AKA room service) or private dining as in Victoria and Albert's Chef's Table or Citricos' Chef's Domaine? You don't need AR (Advance Reservations) for the private dining in the link above except for the Yacht or Romance packages. If that is what you are interested in, you need to call the Grand Floridian directly, they do not book those on the DRS. 24 hour notice is sufficient.

Chef's Table and Chef's Domaine do book through the DRS 90 days out.
    Last edited by shadesofgreen; 08-18-2005 at 02:56 PM.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Hi shadesofgreen, thanks for your reply

It is definitely the Romantic package I'm after - I'm quite happy about calling them, I just wondered if I could get more info before I make a decision - if it is going to be way out of my price range I'll have to settle for a less extravagant romantic meal lol.

Ideally I would like to be in a romantic secluded spot but not with any special menus - the usual menu would be just fine I think I read that the Romantic package at Citricos is lovely
    Jen xXx

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    UPDATE!
    I just called the Grand Floridian to check on those prices for you because I haven't worked there for a few years and they tell me that they no longer offer the Romance Package and that all private dining is served in-room except for that served aboard the Grand I. All private dining is from the room service menu on the link above.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Thank you so much for your help - that's a real shame We're staying at POFQ and I don't think I could stretch to a night at the GF just for in room dining, unfortunately.

Do you have any other suggestions for something I could do in the evening for a great meal with a romantic gesture? Which restaurant is it where you can see the MK fireworks from? That might be a good alternative, I guess
    Jen xXx

mickaholic4077 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Maybe the California Grill at the top of the Contemporary.

Thanks mickaholic4077 - that's what I've now decided on
    Jen xXx