Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss California Grill - time to see fireworks? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone, After Shadesofgreen was really helpful and looked into private dining for me, only to find it isn't available anymore how I would need it, I was thinking the ...
    Scrap-Vamp is offline B-Ticket Holder

California Grill - time to see fireworks?

Hi everyone,

After Shadesofgreen was really helpful and looked into private dining for me, only to find it isn't available anymore how I would need it, I was thinking the next best romantic thing would be to eat at the California Grill during the fireworks.

So I was wondering what sort of time would we want to be eating in order to see them? It is a surprise for my DF on the second anniversary of our first date

I've looked at sample menus and the food sounds fantastic!
    Jen xXx

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    California Grill has some great food!
    The fireworks go off at different times through the year (currently around 9-10pm) so find out what the schedule for your trip is and make your AR about an hour before Wishes starts. Make sure you do this well in advance because California Grill is a very popular restaurant and good fireworks dining times are booked about 2 weeks or more ahead.

My wife and I had an anniversary at CG and had desert right as Wishes started, it was awsome! Have a great time!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Thanks so much - you're a mine of information I'm really excited now - just have to keep quiet unti April next year :o
    Jen xXx

Hi there, just wanted to let you know that I've booked my ADR for April 25th at 8pm, as Wishes should be 9pm that night - I can't wait!! I hope my DF is really surprised - I asked the CM to put down that it is our anniversary and she was really lovely - her name was Delilah and she was sooooo helpful

Thanks for all your help!
    Jen xXx

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    you are going to have a great time! i went with my parents and brother, not exactly romantic but it would def be a place i would want to take a boyfriend...enjoy it!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    You will love it. I went with my boyfriend. Even when the fireworks aren't going it's amazing. They have these outdoor patios that they play music on, so we danced under the stars overlooking the Magic Kingdom. The night we were there it was Frank Sinatra and then we stayed to watch Wishes. It was wonderful. Have fun!!

ooh, dancing on the patio sounds wonderful! I really can't wait now
    Jen xXx