Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Hoop Dee Doo Revue in the Vacation Planning forums; How is the best way to "prepare" my brother for this show. The last time I went to it was '91 and I honestly don't remember that much of it. ...
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Hoop Dee Doo Revue

How is the best way to "prepare" my brother for this show. The last time I went to it was '91 and I honestly don't remember that much of it. I want him to have a good time but he is asking questions about what it is like and I would like to be able to give him more information.

Thanks in advance for your help!

mrmouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've seen this show 4 times going on 5. It's always the first Disney thing we do when we get to Florida. It's like an old west stage show with 6 performers, 3 men, 3 women, and they perform skits, sing and dance, interact with the crowd, etc. It's a really good show. Hoenstly, I didn't think I would like it the first time but now I'm hooked. It's corny but fun. There's a banjo player and a piano player in the corner so it really feels like a step back in time. The food is great, ribs, chicken, corn, etc. with strawberry shortcake for dessert. I'm not sure how old your brother is but the beer is included, maybe that will help. Everyone seems to have a really good time there and I've never heard anyone say they didn't like it. My whole family loves it, from my 8 year old son to my 70 year old mother in law. Hope this helps. :mickey:
    Disneyland in October '07?

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    I did this thread awhile ago

hope it helps
    http://disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/...ght=Hoop+Revue

we liked it

what questions do you have?

I remembered liking it and the food was pretty good. I just wasn't sure what to tell him about it. I am sort of tempted to tell them it is my brother's birthday even though it isn't as a special treat. We are "giving" this to him as part of his christmas present. Anyway, I just couldn't remember what the show was like. The thread helped and the information on the post. Thanks for your help. How early should be we? We are going to the 7 show?

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I think you're supposed to be there about 30mins before it starts

If we can dream it, we can do it

Great! I can handle this so far. Do I need to confirm my reservation or get a ticket or anything? We will be checking in late the night before/morning of.

you have to get the tickets a couple of hours before at your resort if you are staying at one

We will check in around 1:30 or 2 in the morning, sleeping for a few hours then hitting Epcot that day. Will we have to go back to the resort for our tickets or do you think we might be able to get them that morning or at least before we hit the park? Staying at Port Orleans-Riverside. Don't want to lose too much time if possible but we will have a rental car.