Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Dining Discuss Foods You haven't try yet in Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay this may come as a total shock to you all but I have never try a Dole Whip or even heard of it unitl I started on this site. ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

Foods You haven't try yet in Disney

Okay this may come as a total shock to you all but I have never try a Dole Whip or even heard of it unitl I started on this site. I know how can I have been down there so many times and never heard of it. Easy I'm usually in so much awe I forget to eat sometimes plus I never really paid much attetion.

Now the reason for the new thread since I'm heading down this December I would like for my fellow DWT'ers espically the ones that just got back to suggest some food to try and even resturant to try. Just so you know I been to Ohana's, Mama Melrose, Hollywood and Vine, The one in Norway (Princess Storybook Breakfast), Crystal Palace, Casey(one of my faves), Cosmic Rays(another fave)Kona Cafe,Pizza Planet(kids fave)and various stops along WS espcially the Funnel Cake stand in front of the American Pavillion.

So guys if you have suggestions on food, restruant or even your favortie cart to get a snack post. It would be very interesting to find out what pepole like to eat in WDW.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I too have not had a dole whip! But my recommendations:

If you like fried chicken, don't miss the fried chicken dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe. It comes with yummy yukon gold mashed potatoes!

I also never miss a mickey Ice cream bar for a snack!

I also recommend a margarita from Mexico (Epcot) at the little margarita stand
    And the crepes from the crepe stand in France, Epcot
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I love the cinnamon almonds at the America pavillion, beaver tails at Canada, pretzel bread and beer cheese soup at Le Cellier, ham and cheese croissants at the little bakery in France, of course the dole whip (you have to try it) and sheesh I could go on forever. I just love disney food especially the world showcase. Too bad you are missing food and wine. They have so many other cool things to try.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    The Mole Poblano at San Angel is great!

If you've got a little extra money to spend I would also reccomend Jiko or Citricos. Boma is the best buffet in WDW if you ask me or my kids.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I loved the dole whips also. I hadn't heard of them either until I got here and I am so glad that I did. I agree with the cheese soup at LeCellier. That was wonderful. My DH loved the buffalo at Artist Point. My brother suggested the fudge at MK Confectionary but we ran out of time. He says it is wonderful.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    No Dole Whips, ok, we'll rectify that when you are here!! (Can't ait to see you guys, BTW) Are we all still doing the Storybook Breakfast and then us taking the girls to MK?
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    No Dole Whips, ok, we'll rectify that when you are here!! (Can't ait to see you guys, BTW) Are we all still doing the Storybook Breakfast and then us taking the girls to MK?
    Yup!! still in the plan our PS is already booked. I will PM you and let you know the details. Yes I'm so Dole whipped deprived so that a must when I come down. Don't forget

Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    Yup!! still in the plan our PS is already booked. I will PM you and let you know the details. Yes I'm so Dole whipped deprived so that a must when I come down. Don't forget

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    Jedi, don't feel bad girl! I haven't tried a Dole Whip either!! I had the bread bowl something or other at the Liberty Tree Tavern a couple years back and I really liked it. I think it was soup, but I'm not sure. Could have been chili. I dunno!
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I must warn you my Jedi friend... once you have your first dole whip... you will crave it for many months after... The force can not even help you here.

As for other new stuff & places to eat... I will agree with Shades of Green that Boma is a most excellent buffet. I also like to have a character dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern. It's a Thanksgiving -like meal served family style. (Turkey, ham, macNcheez, dressing/stuffing, gravy, bread, mashed potatos, salad & cobbler for dessert). You'll get to see Minnie, Chip & Dale (better know the difference!), Goofy & Pluto. It's in Liberty Square in the Magic Kingdom.

Snacks- I love my churros & mickey ice cream bars as well.

Dole Whips are by far my favorite though. You can get one of those in Adventureland. (There's usually a loooonnnnnnnnggggg line)
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

The Dole Whip sounds out of this world. I seen a picture of it in Garains gallery and boy it does look good. What exactly is in it?

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    It's basically a pineapple flavored soft serve (like ice cream). You can get it plain or as a float (my personal fave). The "ice cream" sits on top of a cup of pineapple juice. YUMMY!!!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    pineapple heaven

with a swirl of vanilla if you want

and chocolate if i'm not mistaken

I'm a dole whip purist - straight up for me

My God now I know I have to get this one. Thanks guys.

Hey anyone on were to get good snacks. I love the Funnel Cake over in the AA in WS. OMG it soooooooooo good and it messy.
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 10-13-2005 at 03:34 PM.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    My God now I know I have to get this one. Thanks guys.

Hey anyone on were to get got snacks. I love the Funnel Cake over in the AA in WS. OMG it soooooooooo good and it messy.
    I second the funnel cake. With ice cream!!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast