Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Has the Crystal Palace Gone Down Hill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss Has the Crystal Palace Gone Down hill? in the Vacation Planning forums; Do you think the Crystal Palace has gone down hill? Feel free to explain your answers...
    kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder

Has the Crystal Palace Gone Down hill?

Do you think the Crystal Palace has gone down hill? Feel free to explain your answers
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

I think both the food and service has gone down hill. The CP used to have outstanding food, and now it's only so-so. Last year when we went for dinner, we ate so much I think we were full for a week after. But the biggest problem they have is ADR Agents will allow you to make an ADR for after 6:00pm on nights of NSHP, and when you get to CP and are a little late, they say "sorry we stop seating at 6:00". Now granted it's wrong to be late but the bus drivers can be slow as we all know. But if they stop seating at 6:00pm on certain nights, shouldn't the ADR Agents know that so they can tell guests?
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports Oct 2003

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I ate there this past Sunday morning for the first time. Food wise I thought this was one of the better breakfast buffets on property. Character wise, they were very very very slow moving around the tables. We were done our meal well before the characters had finished coming to our table. Tigger was really good with the 9 month old we had, but Piglet didn't have a clue what to do. Pooh seemed kinda clueless as usual, but he made more of an effort to interact with the baby with us. Eeyore didn't show up until we were leaving.

So...if we could take the food service of 'Ohana, the food at Crystal Palace, and the Character interaction of Chef Mickey's...you'd have the perfect disney character breakfast.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Amanda...that's a great idea!!! That's like my fast-food theory. If you could take Burger King Burgers and McDonald's Fries and serve em at the same one place, it would be great.
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports Oct 2003

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    we used to eat there for breakfast and then the food started to go downhill, now if we eat breakfast at the MK we'll just grab a chocolate crassaint(i have no idea how to spell it and that really looks sooo wrong) and coffee at the confectionary(is that what it's called) on main street.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

It is one of our favorite places to eat. A must do every trip. We were just there in June and had no problems at all. The restaurant was packed and we saw all the characters at least twice and the food was delicious and our waitress was great! No complaints from us!

magickingdom67 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We were there in May/June of last year and did lunch. I really enjoyed everything about it. In some cases the characters came twice. We will definitely be doing it again.

_Tinkerbell_ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Havent been in a coulpe of years to WDW but the CP is always a must do for us, its kinda a tradition. Ive never had any probs there. Great food selection, brill interation with characters. Although on last trip they were a bit slow with drinks but the place was heaving so we put it down to the fact they were run off their feet. Also im a Pooh & Friends fan so i might be kinda biast.

Will be going again this summer and fingers crossed we get the same experience we are used too.

Tink
    When you Wish Upon a Star.......

Off Site - 1993
    All Star Sports - 1996
    All Star Music - 1998
    Off Site -2000
    Off Site - 2003
    Next, Coronado Springs - July 2006

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I love this place, so do my kids. Is it loud? Yes. Is it a buffet? Yes. But we have been going there for years and enjoy it. For buffet choices, I think they have something for everyone. I have done bfast, lunch and dinner. This last trip with the DWT gals, the charecters came around more than once, which was cool.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    That was my first time eating there. Now, I am an EXTREMELY picky eater, but the desert section more than made up for anything else! Our service was a little slow, but it was a crowded place that night - we were lucky to get a walk up table - about a 15 minute wait.

All the characters came around multiple times. I think it still is a good place, although I don't have a past here to compare it to.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    yeah, what she said! lol
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    And it's fair to say I am a bit biased cuz I love Winnie the Pooh...
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I've only eaten there once with MommytoMJM and her family, and Talking Hands (thanks again for lunch Lisa... it was wonderful!). It was a lunch buffet, and I thought the food was excellent, both in terms of variety and flavor. The character distribution at first seemed a bit "clumped" in that they seemed to have 2 or 3 characters in one place at a time, and nothing on the other side of the restaurant. But when they performed a special "parade" around the center of the restaurant just so that MJ could take part in it from her wheelchair without having to fight in and out around tables and chairs, and then they spent a ton of time pouring over her at the table, it really turned into a magic moment for everyone there. Even MJ herself said "Happy!" It was a meal to remember, that's for sure.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    I,VE ONLY BEEN TWICE DECEMBER 2004 & OCTOBER 2005 & BOTH TIMES FOOD WAS GREAT,AS MUCH AS YOU COULD EAT.THE CHARACTORS WERE AROUND TWICE AT LEAST, & DIDN,T MAKE NO DIFFERENCE TO THE FACT WE WERE A COUPLE OF ADULTS ONLY & NO KIDS WITH US. I COULDN,T FAULT IT .THE SERVING LADY WAS GREAT & A VERY HAPPY PERSON TOO.

CAN,T WAIT TO GO BACK.
    LONG LIVE "CRYSTAL PALACE" & OF COURSE

I Belle
    Maggie

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I think it has. I used to dine there frequently for years, but I went last October and our service was horrible! It took us 20 minutes to get drinks and the food was blah! It used to be so much better!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast