Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss looking for suggestions..... in the Vacation Planning forums; ok, this isn't really as much about WDW dining as it is about the food, specifically making it at home...... we are hosting Christmas at our home for the first ...
    GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!

looking for suggestions.....

ok, this isn't really as much about WDW dining as it is about the food, specifically making it at home......

we are hosting Christmas at our home for the first time this year, and are looking for ideas for foods we can cook and put out for a 'help yourself'/buffet line type deal.

so, which Disney dishes are out there that i can make, and where can i find the recipe? thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Thanks.

Disneybratt is offline Fastpass Holder
    The best advice I could give you is to go to this forum I know called, "Ask GrumpyDude".

p.s. If you ask Disney for a recipe they will most likely give it to you.
    Last edited by Disneybratt; 11-12-2005 at 09:36 PM.
    *~*Stephanie*~*

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybratt
    The best advice I could give you is to go to this forum I know called, "Ask GrumpyDude".
    ]

LOL

try allearsnet.com in the dining section....scroll all the way to the bottom left of the column for the recipes section.
    Finger sancwiches are easy, cheap, and great for snacking. just cut the crusts off regular bread and fill with whatever?---chicken salad and egg salad are good choices. Then all you have to do is cut them in 4's. or if you want to get really DIsney with them use a mickey head cookie cutter to cut the bread b4 you fill it. Maybe add some type of greenery(lettuce, watercress, etc.) to it for fanciness. They look expensive and hard to make--impress your guests...lol
    I will think of more later...I LOVE PLANNING PARTIES-tho I have a big problem with getting ppl to actually show up for them-I am a pariah apparently
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

flutter is offline Moderator

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    after i posted i realized that i had forgotten about the recipe section......

i was hoping to get specifics, like "i tried blahblahblah dish and it was excellent, would work great for a holiday dinner....."

flutter is offline Moderator
    sorry

Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    sorry
    nope, no need, my bad. sometimes the fingers/mouth works faster then the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneybratt

p.s. If you ask Disney for a recipe they will most likely give it to you.
    lol! HILARIOUS!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I have a Walt Disney Recipe Book that I will have to look when I get home. I have tried many things in it but we don't have people over but there might be something interesting in it that would work.

I have made the recipe from Allears for the triple Berry Cobbler. It is awesome and pretty easy to make.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Here are some Disney Dining Recipies for you.

http://www.magicalmountain.net/WDWRecipes.asp

And I'm still waiting for my invitation for Thanksgiving dinner. I mean, I see you outside my house... looking through my mail every day anyway - least you can do is drop in an invite!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I would say have some dole whips, turkey legs, mickey bars, churros, and Hooplas and you got yourself a feast!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    I would say have some dole whips, turkey legs, mickey bars, churros, and Hooplas and you got yourself a feast!!!
    If your having Dole Whips then I'm there!!!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Turkey legs, garlic smashed potatoes, and Samuel Adams. Dole Whip and churros for dessert.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    If your having Dole Whips then I'm there!!!!
    Alright then,... GD it's on like donky kong!!! We are all coming for your holiday happenings!!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    oh my goodness - you will have to tell us what you finally decide to make, cause I think I may just have to copy you!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast