Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dining Discuss restaurant suggestions!?! in the Vacation Planning forums; We are planning a trip to WDW in June 06. I am trying to figure out what places we just have to eat at. I know that we want to ...
    KatieLuvsMickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

restaurant suggestions!?!

We are planning a trip to WDW in June 06. I am trying to figure out what places we just have to eat at. I know that we want to do at least one character meal :mickey: as well as just fun restaurants and a couple of different date nights !! We will be there for about 12 days. Any suggestions??
    It will be my parents 40 & 38
    me 18
    boyfriend 18
    sister and brother 12 & 7

Katie
    i luv Tink!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    We loved the 1900 Park Fare Dinner with Cinderella and friends. Very intimate meet and greets and the strawberry soup to die for. You have to go to Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge--SOOOOOO FUN
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Oooh, there's all sorts of possible suggestions.

I'd seriously consider doing the Hoop-dee-doo Musical Review. lots of fun, lots of food, great for everyone! A little expensive, but (IMHO) worth it. Especially if your parents are paying

I enjoy the food (and entertainment) at Restaurant Marrakesh.

Also consider lunch at the Flame Tree BBQ at Disney's Animal Kingdom (counter service) - great food!

date nights - grabbing a later meal out on the boardwalk - even if its just take-away pizza, but sitting by the water...
    Or something at Tony's during a parade (seated out front, of course, by the windows)...
    Somewhere in Epcot's World showcase (where in the World would you like to go?)

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    the 50's primetime is a blast! it is great for the whole family because it is treated like one big quirky family reuniom.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Chef Mickeys is a great character breakfast and not geared toward girls like the Princess meals.

I agree wholeheartedly with Whispering Canyon Cafe. That will be a must do on our list from now on.

I also agree with Prime Time Cafe at MGM or the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at Sci-Fi. It should appeal to everyone in your group.
    They call me "Nana"

Vixen and iwannabeminnie are definitely leading you in the right direction with Whispering Canyon! We went there for the first time in June and it will now be on our list of MUST do's along with Ohana for every trip.

We always start our WDW vacation in the MK and it is a tradition to always have lunch at the Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. The Crystal Palace is just a lovely place and has great lighting for nice pictures!

If you are planning on going to the AK....there really is only one choice for a sit down restaurant which is Rainforest Cafe. If you are looking for good food that is pretty affordable and is counter service, Tusker House is quite good.

Our two favorite places at MGM are 50's Primetime and Mama Melrose.

Our favorite at Epcot is Garden Grill (although we haven't been since the latest menu change) and Le Cellier.

There aren't too many restaurants at WDW that we do not like, we just happen to like the ones above the best!

We also always do Chef Mickey's for dinner once during our trips!

Disneybratt is offline Fastpass Holder
    Boma at the AKL is wonderful! Don't worry in addition to some wonderful African food the also have kid favorites like mac-n-cheese and some of the best desserts around. The Hoop DeDo Revue is alot of fun, the show has not changed since it started. Whispering Canyons is fun too make sure you ask for ketchup and pepsi(tip...Whispering Canyons is just as good for lunch and a little cheeper than dinner.)
    Disneybrat's Mom
    Maggie
    *~*Stephanie*~*

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Now that I have my own profile,let me give you some more suggestions. Cape May at the Yacht or Beach Club(mix them up all the time)is a nice buffet if you like seafood. The Harbour House in the MK is quick serve and has some of the best fish and chips.

KatieLuvsMickey is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks everyone for your responses!! They have been very helpful. I am very interested in Garden Grill, and Chef Mickey's for character meals. Also can anyone tell me anything about Liberty Tree Tavern?? Is it good??

okay also we are planning to eat at Rainforest Cafe, we missed it last time and don't want to make that mistake again!!

Many of you mentioned Whispering Canyons. I am not very familar with this place so can anyone tell me more or give me their review of it?

50's Primetime sounds fun!!

Also which specifically would you recomend for the date nights??

Thankyou so much!!!

Katie
    i luv Tink!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hi there! We also liked the Garden Grill. For a loud, but fun time, try the Crystal Palace-a charecter meal with Pooh and Friends for bfast, lunch or dinner.

For a non-charecter meal that is fun, get in the spirit of having "mom" from the 50's tell you to eat your veggies at the 50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM-try the fried chicken dinner, it is awesome!
    have fun!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    Whispering Canyon is in the Wilderness Lodge. It's a lot of fun especially for kids. There are games and you can get these all you can eat meals, garden grill style. Make sure to ask for the ketchup. Just trust me...

Liberty Tree Tavern is really good. Very hearty food for reasonable prices. The pot roast was great.

For a date night I recommend The California Grill at the Contemporary or The Yachtsman Steakhose at the Yacht Club.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    For date night, I would suggest eating at one of the resorts where you aren't staying. I liked Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge) and Boatwrights (Port Orleans-Riverside) looked beautiful and add a ride down the river or a walk around the resort and you have it made.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I suggest Les Chefs de France. Its kind of expensive but a great atmosphere. Would proboly work best for the date possibility.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Les Chefs de France is a VERY LOUD restaurant and not conducive to romance.
    They call me "Nana"

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I have this thing for Rose and Crown, I absolutely love it, and sitting out on the patio is just great!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast