Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Dining Discuss Rainforest Cafe?? in the Vacation Planning forums; My family loves RC!!!! normally we eat there between two or three times a trip. And one day last year, we ate there twice in a day!! And here's a ...
    TXwHnIdY is offline B-Ticket Holder
    From a hicktown in Texas to one in Alabama
    My family loves RC!!!! normally we eat there between two or three times a trip. And one day last year, we ate there twice in a day!! And here's a tip- if the resturant looks crowded, check the bar. its just like sitting at a table, just not at a table. and there are high top tables beside the bars, that are first come, first serve. it sure cuts the wait time down! normally while we're at AK, we pop in, look at the bar, and if no one is there, we sit down and enjoy a good meal!!!
    hey yall!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 27, 2005 1:30:00 PM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>WDW Vacation and Capital One Bowl Countdown</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'New Years Wid The Mouse!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lauren Ashley!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We had breakfast in RC at AK this fall. The park wasn't quite ready to open, so we caught a quick breakfast on a Sunday morning. Yum! The banana pancakes were really good. Sometimes I find the atmosphere to be too noisey, but it's probably worth at least a one time visit.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    IF you've got a Rainforest near you, don't go for lunch or dinner. Enjoy a unique Disney experience instead for those meals.

That said, breakfast at the Rainforest at AK is a treat that my family always tries to sneak into our trips! It's fantastic (and the hidden back door into AK is always very cool!).
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    If you don't have a RFC near you, then definitely hit the ones in WDW (either one), but since I live 20 minutes away from one in MA, I'll usually skip eating there at WDW... there's just too many other unique places to eat to dine at a chain restaurant... it's like going into a foreign country and eating at McDonald's...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar
    If you don't have a RFC near you, then definitely hit the ones in WDW (either one), but since I live 20 minutes away from one in MA, I'll usually skip eating there at WDW... there's just too many other unique places to eat to dine at a chain restaurant... it's like going into a foreign country and eating at McDonald's...
    Hey McDonald's in foreign countries are actually kind of fun. You can see what wierd different things they have on the menu. In Australia they had the outback burger with beets and fried egg on it. Really I'm not kidding. I know what you mean though but I just wanted to point that out.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    After watching 'Super Size Me', I don't think I can ever eat at another McDonald's... in this or any other country... the part when they tell you how McNuggets are made pretty much did me in...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    My general opinion of Rainforest Cafe is that it is well themed, but also overpriced. Worth it every once in a while, but not a place i'd visit frequently, that's for sure. I've been to two of them, the first of which was back in West Hartford, CT... not far from where I live. I've had both good and bad experiences there. Usually they've been good, but there was one day that we waited almost an hour for our food, and then it was mediocre at best. it wasn't even all that busy in there at the time. The second RfC I've been to was at Downtown Disney. The DtD one was much bigger, and seemed to have a bit more to it in terms of theming and such. Believe it or not, one of the areas I was most impressed with was in fact the paintings on the walls of the restrooms... well the mens room anyway. I didn't exactly get to see the ladies room. The waitperson I had at the DtD restaurant was much friendlier and more social than any of the ones I'd had back in CT. That might have been just lby chance that I got a waiter like that down here, but I like to think it was because of our proximity to Disney... (hey, it's my reasoning, I do what I want with it.)
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12