Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss a little tip I learned today... in the Vacation Planning forums; most of ya'll probably already know this, but here's what happened today: I called this morning to start making my dining reservations for my trip. 180 days advance to the ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

a little tip I learned today...

most of ya'll probably already know this, but here's what happened today:

I called this morning to start making my dining reservations for my trip. 180 days advance to the day. tomorrow I would make more reservations, and the next day, and so on for the duration of my upcoming trip.

well, after I made my reservation the CM asked, "is that all I can do for you today?" to which I replied something like, jokingly, "well, at least until tomorrow!"

then she said, "where are you staying?"
    "Wilderness Lodge," I says.
    "Wilderness Lodge? do you have your confirmation number?" she says.
    I says, "Yes I do."

then she told me that if I had my confirmation number for my trip, that she could make the reservations for up to ten days in the future (which would be a total of 190 days before the dates/times I needed). so I asked her, "there wouldn't happen to be any way you could get me into Cinderella's Royal Breakfast on such and such date, would there?"

she said that there was one reservation left. so, naturally, I let out a whoop of delight and snatched it up. but! if I would have waited until the day I was planning to call, 180 days in advance, I probably would not have gotten the much-desired CRT breakfast reservation.

now, I don't know if it's just cuz I had a confirmation number on the resort I was staying at ON PROPERTY or not, but this young lady helped me out a bunch!
    so, a new tip I learned was that if you have your confirmation number you can make your meal reservations 190 days in advance. a-thank you

If we can dream it, we can do it

Scottwdw is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This is a new perk WDW Dining announced earlier in 2005 for guests staying at a Disney owned resort. For those staying off site, they would have had to call 180 days out for each day like you were planning on doing.

The PS Report on my site allows for this if you enter in the checkin date.
    Scottwdw

Sorcerer of the Amazing PS Calculator
    Picture This! Disney Photo Blog

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I actually used your calculator and it was a BIG help. you provide a great service with that thing!

If we can dream it, we can do it

drifter is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but it seems like you guys know all the right answers.
    Me and the kids are going to WDW and staying at A.S. Movies. Is it possible to book and eat at ANY restaurant in the World including other hotel restaurants. e.g. can we book to eat at a rest. in the Polynesian? The other things we need to do would be Chef Mickey's for b.fast and the Backyard BBQ. Will these need to be 'phone - reserved well in advance?

Thanks guys and apologies for barging in.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Hey Drifter - you can make a reservation and eat at any resturant that you want (man, why can't I spell that work right?). I was staying at Port Orleans and went to eat at Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge and Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

This gives you a great opportunity to check out other resorts. Just give yourself enough time to get there and back. You cannot travel using the Disney buses from one resort to another....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I too have eaten at resorts at which I was not staying. I would definately reccomend getting Priority Seating though. Enjoy your trip & meals!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

drifter is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for those replies.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I love the PS Calculator! It was a big help for my last two trips. I also think that I will be using the Disney Dining if they still have it when we go with the kids next time. It was a great way to eat at places that we couldn't have afforded to. I also like having to go around to different resorts and check things out. Wonderful idea.

Also a good tip for Cinderella's . Might be a great way to get to go there also.( had it for dinner one night and it was great)