Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Thoughts on Boma? in the Vacation Planning forums; He everyone....trying to plan out our ADR's for June and I'm thinking about trying Boma. Have never eaten there before and was wondering what other's thoughts were about it.... There ...

Thoughts on Boma?

He everyone....trying to plan out our ADR's for June and I'm thinking about trying Boma. Have never eaten there before and was wondering what other's thoughts were about it....

There will be 9 of us starting at the age of 1 1/2...including two teenagers.

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Boma is one of our favorite places to eat. They have lots of choices for everyone, simple things like mac-n-cheese, fries and fried chicken to beef or pork roasts for carving to more "African" flavored dishes that are not really that exotic but use spice combonations that are not typical to American cooking(soups change daily but the ginger carrot soup is my fav). The deserts are almost worth the trip alone, make sure you save room.
    Maggie

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    All the above sounds really scumptious!!! Yummy!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDznyCamper
    Boma is one of our favorite places to eat. They have lots of choices for everyone, simple things like mac-n-cheese, fries and fried chicken to beef or pork roasts for carving to more "African" flavored dishes that are not really that exotic but use spice combonations that are not typical to American cooking(soups change daily but the ginger carrot soup is my fav). The deserts are almost worth the trip alone, make sure you save room.
    Thanks Maggie! I checked the menu of www.allearsnet.com and it say's that the menu changes daily...so is it served buffet style?

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Boma is indeed a buffet style restaurant. It is set up in "stations" : a carving station where you can get prime rib or turkey, salad and soup station, regular meat/ potato, and dessert.

As stated earlier the menu rotates daily, so if you visit two days in a row (SOME PEOPLE DO!) you won't get the same exact menu items.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    Boma is indeed a buffet style restaurant. It is set up in "stations" : a carving station where you can get prime rib or turkey, salad and soup station, regular meat/ potato, and dessert.

As stated earlier the menu rotates daily, so if you visit two days in a row (SOME PEOPLE DO!) you won't get the same exact menu items.
    Sounds great! Thanks for the info!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Shaun & I tried Boma last year. We both really enjoyed it. It gave us a chance to try different types of food without spending tons of $ on a meal we wouldn't like. Shaun is a very picky eater & he enjoyed it & was funn at the end, so two thumbs up!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Shaun & I tried Boma last year. We both really enjoyed it. It gave us a chance to try different types of food without spending tons of $ on a meal we wouldn't like. Shaun is a very picky eater & he enjoyed it & was funn at the end, so two thumbs up!
    Thanks Summer! SIL and her hubby said for us to go ahead and pick whatever we want and they will go with it so I think Boma will definitely be added to our list!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i'm also a picky eater, i think the list of what i don't eat is longer then what i do! the food at boma is amazing and the deserts are just incredible! love the zebra domes...there's something for everyone and you are sure to have an awesome meal!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Well, I like the ambience of the place. The kids bar is good. I am such a picky eater, that I didn't find much on the buffet that I would eat. My own fault, really. And the zebra domes were cute, but I didn't like them. But the upsidedown pineapple something was awesome....

All in all, a great place to try and I would love to take my mom there. She would have a BLAST trying all the new stuff. I do wish I had an earlier time to go, because we didn't get to see any of the outside of the lodge, including the animals.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Already planning on doing Boma for dinner on our AK day! Thanks everyone!!!