Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Dining Discuss Dinner & Fantasmic combo? in the Vacation Planning forums; I was reading my Birnbaum's guide and came across this little blurb about a special dinner and Fantasmic show deal. Apparently Hollywood and Vine, The Brown Derby and Mamma Melrose's ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Dinner & Fantasmic combo?

I was reading my Birnbaum's guide and came across this little blurb about a special dinner and Fantasmic show deal.
    Apparently Hollywood and Vine, The Brown Derby and Mamma Melrose's offer a special where you have dinner then go sit in VIP seats at Fantasmic.
    Has anyone heard of this or done it? I would be very interested since I don't really want to wait the 90minutes or so with a four year old when we go next year.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    We are doing it during your trip later this month...and here is a link with some more info....
    http://www.allearsnet.com/din/fantdin1.htm
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We did it during our trip during October. It was worth it except the reservations that were open for this were at 4 and 4:30. We ate at Hollywood and Vine and enjoyed the meal. It was much nicer to go in 30 minutes before the show because it was raining a lot that night.

I would do it again.

We always do this.....and eat at Mama Melrose. Two things you need to know....you do not enter at the normal Fantasmic spot, instead you enter in the exit at the front of Hollywood Boulevard. Also....if Fantasmic is rained out, you do not get any type of rain check to return for Fantasmic at a later date. I do highly recommend it though! It is nice showing up 20 minutes before the show rather than spending 2 hours in line waiting!!!

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    we spent 2 seconds
    and got a great seat
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by kylewhit89
    we spent 2 seconds
    and got a great seat
    Well that was at the end of January/ beginning of February.... you aren't so fortunate let's say in June!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Well thanks for the info everyone. I am going to talk DH into doing this I think. We have never seen Fantasmic. (one year it rained, the other two times we had small kids and didn't want to wait in line)

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna
    Well thanks for the info everyone. I am going to talk DH into doing this I think. We have never seen Fantasmic. (one year it rained, the other two times we had small kids and didn't want to wait in line)
    Since you get a good meal and there is no extra charge included in the package price to get the VIP tickets for Fantasmic, it's really a great thing! You can't lose, even if it does rain.....

trypnotic is offline A-Ticket holder
    I really enjoyed our meal at Hollywood and Vine. Some folks will complain that the dining package seating is on the far right side of the stadium - I didn't have a problem with this myself but like I said, other folks have complained about it.
    B-rad // O // the bloogue moblog

7/86 - Disneyland | 11/02 - AS Movies | 5/03 - Wyndham Palace | 5/05 - La Quinta Lakeside, OKW, AS Music | 2/06 - POP Century | 6/06 - Best Western Lakeside | 12/06 - Best Western Lakeside

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I do this every trip. Like yourself I do not want to wait 2 hours for this show. The seat are pretty good and the food is excellent. We done the Hollywood and Vine and Mama Melrose. I think maybe I'll try the Brown Derbey next trip. But it is worth the price.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN